Hook line and sinker!

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my buddy into coin roll hunting after telling him all about what I been finding, he has only found stuff from what has been turned in at his work and also metal detecting.

He went thru his 1st box of halves and found 2 40% and he is hooked, it is his 1st silver halves ever! lol

I also told him about this site, so we will see how long before he shows up here as well!

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my buddy into coin roll hunting after telling him all about what I been finding, he has only found stuff from what has been turned in at his work and also metal detecting.

He went thru his 1st box of halves and found 2 40% and he is hooked, it is his 1st silver halves ever! lol

I also told him about this site, so we will see how long before he shows up here as well!

And now he'll be taken your ag- smh

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
uncubano13

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He lives a ways from me and I dont ever drive that far to the area that he would be in and he dont come to this area to these banks either. So not a bad thing for me anyways, mayeb for the people in his area...oh well

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
If you really valued your friendship, you would never have pushed him into the dark abyss of addiction.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He lives a ways from me and I dont ever drive that far to the area that he would be in and he dont come to this area to these banks either. So not a bad thing for me anyways, mayeb for the people in his area...oh well

I'm not sure how it is in your area, but the banks aren't the source for boxes, the armored car services are. And the armored car services probably have one distribution center that services both of your areas, so you just brought yourself more competition. In my area, one distribution center services the majority of three states, that's how big their coverage area is and I live in a heavily populated area, so it's probably even a bigger range in your area. good luck.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure how it is in your area, but the banks aren't the source for boxes, the armored car services are. And the armored car services probably have one distribution center that services both of your areas, so you just brought yourself more competition. In my area, one distribution center services the majority of three states, that's how big their coverage area is and I live in a heavily populated area, so it's probably even a bigger range in your area. good luck.

I was going to say something along these lines, but I knew someone else would ^_^ haha. And year, the Brinks (or whoever) most likely services both areas. I know the carrier who services the SD area also does everything in LA and north a bid. Huge population among all those big cities. I got a friend into CRH about 20 minutes east of me, understanding I increased my own competition, but I did this for a few reasons. I know he can only do 4 boxes a week compared to my 24-32, and I know this gives me a great opportunity to buy Ag at a low price. He also keeps me company on my CRH road trips :P haha

OP
OP
uncubano13

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather him get them then someone else get them that I didnt know! lol

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is why my averages have dropped? Lol

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just don't see the need to tell anyone about what I am doing. Not sure I am worried about creating meaningful competition or anything, but I think my friends would look at me like I was strange if I told them what I actually do.

OP
OP
uncubano13

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He asked if I did this because he had seen something on utube about coin roll hunting and currently he only went thru his work rolls only, so I told him what I had been finding and thats that, either way he was probably going to do it at some point in time! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread