Proof day

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Found 6 40%ers, 7 nice proofs and an '87-P (one of the proofs was an '87-S) today out of less than $200 worth of halves. 4 of the proofs and the '87-P all came out of the same teller tray. The silvers all keep from a repeat performer bank.

Haven't found a silver dime in several grand worth of dimes.

Found 10 solid rolls of Perry's Victory quarters. I don't really want to keep them but I don't really want to dump them either....

Found a teller tray Buffalo last week. First time I've done that.

Half boxes have been dead lately. We'll see how the week goes.

Was also skunked on a quick hunt in Maine on Monday. Maine, Georgia and Texas are the only three states I've hunted in and not found silver. I've found silver in Virginia, Washington, Idaho, Oregon, California, Missouri, Illinois, and Louisiana.

Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found 6 40%ers, 7 nice proofs and an '87-P (one of the proofs was an '87-S) today out of less than $200 worth of halves. 4 of the proofs and the '87-P all came out of the same teller tray. The silvers all keep from a repeat performer bank.

Haven't found a silver dime in several grand worth of dimes.

Found 10 solid rolls of Perry's Victory quarters. I don't really want to keep them but I don't really want to dump them either....

Found a teller tray Buffalo last week. First time I've done that.

Half boxes have been dead lately. We'll see how the week goes.

Was also skunked on a quick hunt in Maine on Monday. Maine, Georgia and Texas are the only three states I've hunted in and not found silver. I've found silver in Virginia, Washington, Idaho, Oregon, California, Missouri, Illinois, and Louisiana.

:coffee2: I was in Maine last week & found 8 silvers (90% 1/64 & 7 40%s 2/67, 2/68 & 3/69). I stopped at a bunch of banks to accomplish that. Keep trying & you will find silver sooner or later.

HH
Gary

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Nice work CW3 - I was only able to hunt in Maine for about an hour so I wasn't surprised to completely whiff.

The proof day turned into a proof week - 16 proofs total this week - I found 8 more today out of two boxes including one reverse proof ender and my first '76. This one was clad. I've found a BU 40% '76 before but no AG proof '76. All of the proofs were in poor shape (I felt like I was getting a CRH'er dump who finally decided to let go of some low/no value coinage). Found a handful of NIFC's as well but released them back into the wild.

Also found two '87-P, four 40%ers, and my first Balboa in a half box, a 2008. In one of the boxes the only two silvers in the box were next to each other in a roll.

The 7 year old found a war nickel today.

Monday marks the 6 month anniversary of my first CRH silver. I'll post a summary on Monday outlining successes and failures so far. Going to try and hit it hard on Monday and pump up the stats before the end of the month. September has been pretty dismal so far..... And dimes are officially dead! I'm now hunting them just on principle.

RVA Hunting

Greenie
Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey twitch will you tell me what part of town you were in so I know on Monday where not to go ha ha ha. Going to hit it tomorrow after the scrap yard but I have a limited time before they close may be I will beat you to it all j/k

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread