Hooked on Beach Hunting

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am starting to get hooked on beach hunting. For the most part digging is easier and the chance to find more rings are better.
I keep finding myself wanting to get in the salt water but with the explorer II I don't dare.
What really stinks is I can't afford and excalibur unless I sell my explorer II which I could probably never replace if I relise it was just a whim.
Ugg my head hurts LOL

Upvote 0

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
like me right now i dont like to spend 1,100.00 this late in the year for new water machine, just keep hunting the beaches, find the rings then sell them next spring for a ex cal. and keep ur exp.II. your miss it if u sold it. i been hunting water for 25years now, i know i will get my money back in finds the first year,

OP
OP
GreenMeanie

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good point.
There is one guy I PM'ed that converted his explorer II to water.
Looked like an interesting project but I would probably still be afraid to put it under LOL.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hooked as well so I know how you feel. I enjoy hunting old houses and such, and the reward of finding a very old coin is awesome, but now and then I just want to do some "non-thinking" beach hunting where I can quickly and easily "dig" up everything that gives a signal and with a sweep of my foot the hole I made is refilled. Not to mention that fantastic Atlantic sunrises!!!

Good luck on your hunts!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
GM,

know exactly what your thinking.

Have been using a metal detector for years,
but never at the beach.

Hit Lake Michigan 3 times this year, just along the shore
or the dry sand. Enjoyed it, and thinking beach detector
also, but not sure how often I would go during a year.
Bunch of money for a new beach machine. Thinking of
all that silver and gold just a few yards out ;D

have a good un..................

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Granted a Excalibur is the best way to go for beach hunting for most sites. If you have a strong back and don't mind digging deep holes, a Pulse detector is fine. But there are other choices for water proof detectors, though not as good as the Excal in my opinion. If your not going to get the box wet, you can make do with a hipmounted land unit. Just don't fall down. Some day we'll have a water machine with a screen.
In the mean time, if you use a Explorer in the shallow water, never raise the coil higher than the controls or water will travel up the shaft and fry the guts.

Another reason to beach hunt is all the babes in Thongs. Come on, don't tell me you guys didn't think of this.......... ;D

HH,
Sandman

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Sandman256 said:
Another reason to beach hunt is all the babes in Thongs. Come on, don't tell me you guys didn't think of this.......... ;D

HH,
Sandman

Where I hunt in Miami Beach all they were is thongs, with no tops! LOL! ;D

HH 8) surfrat

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
surfrat96, how on earth do you manage to find anything when the scenery if so luscious?

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman256 said:

HH,
Sandman

That's where the sunglasses come in VERY handy!!! You can stare without appearing to ;)

metalman

Dec 16, 2004
franklin square new york
if they are gonna wear it i'm gonna look at it. a girl told me one time why don't you take a picture it will last longer i replied i wish i had a camera she was not very happy with the comment. ::)

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
Really, I don't know why they take offense at your looking at them. If they didn't want to be noticed, why dress that way? Let's face it -- wearing a thong is just a hair's breadth away from being totally naked anyway. It only barely covers enough to be legal. Wearing one SAYS "notice me." And secretly, they love to be watched. If they didn't want to be, they would wear something more covering.

Now, touching -- that's another matter. NEVER touch without permission. (Or she would be justified in cutting it off!) But looking? Like I said, that's what thongs are about -- showing off!

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Trips,
unfortunately that is the MANS point of view. My Ex GF had a different take on things(she said it was the Woman's point of view and I can't prove her wrong) she said many women inadvertently sent out the wrong signals without realizing it. She said that many women never realized that men thought that thongs were an invitation to look. I tried and tried to explain to her that looking was a man's reaction even when he was with a lady that made the others look ho-hum,I never got through to her. I love looking and now that I fit the part of a dirty old man, I'm going to look all I can. When I go blind, I'll buy the magazines in Braille!
grizzly bare

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
Men's or women's point of view, I can't believe a woman would wear a thong without knowing what kind of effect it would have on a straight man. Really, how many possible reasons can a woman have for going practically naked in public? I can only think of two: To arouse men or for a nearly "all over tan." And there are better, more private ways of tanning. If there is any other reason, please enlighten me.

Meanwhile, I will certainly look at beautiful women as much as possible. What harm does it do her to have me admire her body? (And my wife isn't threatened -- she knows where I go each night. To HER bed, not any one elses.)

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Good Wife!
You are a lucky man.

But you probably already know that!

grizzly bare

Does it matter where I work up an appetite as long as I eat all my meals at home?
gb

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grizzly Bear, when they come out with girlie magazines in Braille, I'll get some just for the novelty. It's better to wear these mirrored sunglasses too. Some are polarized so they cut down the surface glare and you can see the bottom better for those dollar bills laying on the bottom.

HH,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread