sandman question

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son borrowed my camera but I will try and describe it. I took a piece of wood that was wide enough to fit between the fittings of the detector and battery pak. I just drilled 3 holes thru the wood where the holes of the detector's were. Next I looped grass whip heavy nylon into two loops and taped it to the wood. Mounted the controls with small bolts and same with battery pak. I use a short camera strap that goes around my neck and the snaps hook onto the two loops so the controls hang on strap. This gives the wire lots of room for no stress to develop as the wire is taped along the side of the shaft. The shaft is secured to my belt by a bungee cord so I can let go of it so I can use two hands to handle the big scoop.

It's been rigged this way for a while with no problems with wire or knobs coming off. It is not the same one I dive with as it has the smaller coil. The settings I use are Disc. 0 or 1, Sens. not AUTO and as much as the area will let you search without talking to you. Vol. at max to hear the deepest whispers, over a foot. If I am bored and the area seems pretty clean, I switch to Pinpoint mode with is a hot all metal and hunt for earring backs or stud earrings.

Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, I sent you a picture in an email. But here is the neck mount I use for the Excal. Having it hanging from your neck is tons lighter on your arm even with a straight shaft. You mainly have to be extra careful not to strain the wire or worse, slam it in with the trunk when you close it. Did that once and ALWAYS check for that now. It's like forgetting your wife's birthday.........You never do that again... ;D

Sandman

Attachments

• Neck Mount for Excal..JPG
    Neck Mount for Excal..JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 195

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread