Hoooooo Ray!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went over to my daughters house to continue hunting her yard. Before I went I decided to stop by and try one more time to get permission to hunt an old property that I've been trying for months to get permission. I can never catch the people at home. I've written 2 letters which were never answered and I've called once but no answer and I left a message on their answering machine but they never returned my call. I decided "what the H***" I was going to give it one more try before giving up all together. THEY WERE HOME! So I told the lady what I wanted and she said she did not think it would be a problem but wanted to make sure with her husband. He (as luck would have it) was outside in the back working in the yard. He asked me why I wanted to do that and I told him. Then he wished me luck and said no problem. I then asked if I might have a small written statement or note giving me permission. I was hoping I was not pushing my luck. I explained that it was to cover me in case the Sheriff's deputy stopped by I could show them I did ask for and was granted permission to be there. He said no problem and his wife went in and wrote it out for me.! Yippee! I FINALLY GOT IT! I've been after this old place for months and months. The house was built in 1950 and I throught it was before that but I don't care. I am so happy I could do the "happy" dance - except I can't dance. Now I am certainly hoping I will find some neat stuff including a few old coins but I really don't care. Whatever I find I will be happy with. Yippee!

Oh - at my daughters I only found 2 nickels, 5 pennies, 2 more toy cars and a toy tank. I'll take it! :wink:

JunknMoney122108.jpg

I hope your day was as good!

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Now that is being persistent, I would ahve given up after the first letter! :thumbsup:

Chris

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
mumszie,

good for you.

Glad you were able to get permission.

Hope you find a bunch. ;D

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on that new site, Mumszie!! :icon_sunny:

Nana :)

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
I AM GLAD YOU GOT PERMISSION TO HUNT.M :thumbsup:ERRY CHRISTMAS.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
You the woman!!
Hope you find gold in that new site.
Joe

SNOWY

Mar 14, 2005
Melbourne Australia
Detector(s) used
E-Trac; Coiltek Joey, SunrayX1, X5, X12, Tejon,Corte's
What a nice situation, written permission too ! :D

Well worth waiting for... 8)

Good luck to you.

~ ~ Merry Christmas... :coffee2:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
nice job on all of the metal toy cars! I hope your hunt goes well at the 1950's home that you got permission for! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I wanted to show you pictures of what I found at the new site but.... my laptop crashed on me the other night and of course all my links and passwords are on that one. So I will just tell you all about it. First off - I have to really give all those gng's that are relic and woods hunters a pat on the back and a WTG! My gosh that was hard hunting! I am not crazy about what may be in the weeds either! This place had old furniture thrown out in the back and it was also covered with weeds. I was covered with stickers and stuff from the weeds. YUK! Still I did manage to find 1 dime and 8 pennies. NONE old! I also found a piece of an old cap gun but couldn't find the rest of it. Daphne went with me and her son MikeT was there too. They didn't do much better. I think Daphne got 5 pennies and 1 nickel also not old. I don't know what MikeT ended up with. I can't say I like hunting old houses that are overgrown with weeds. Not that I won't take the chance to do it when I can but it is not my favorite place to hunt. So no pictures this time. Sorry gng's but wasn't much to show anyway. Hope your hunts have been better and hope my laptop is fixed soon! ::)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post and sorry to hear about the crash! I'm not much of a park or playground hunter but I have noticed that researching the/your local town's web site may help you find parks/playgrounds close by your area that you do not know about. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread