Hoping to be back again, SOON

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had to sell my Metal Detector back in August to help out with expenses for my little Boys surgery and have been missing the hobby terribly. I'm happy to report that his surgeries are complete and he has recovered extremely well, No more trips back and forth to Lexington and only annual visits are required from this point on.

With things being improved, I am now looking for a new detector. Tax refund time is just around the corner (I just e-filed) and will probably be ordering a new DFX 300 in 2 weeks.

In the meantime, does anybody in the Eastern part of KY want to plan some hunting excursions for after the thaw? I'm ready to do some more research and get some new spots and some new hunting buddies.

OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Luckily, I only travel about 20 miles on 64. Worse than that is the drive on Mountain Parkway, The longest 90 minutes you will ever drive.

OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been on the Bluegrass Pkwy a few times. Mtn Pkwy is mostly winding road through the mountains and you can only see the hills in front of you, visibility of 200 feet max to the next curve. It gets better near Natural Bridge where it finaly turns to 4 lane.
I suppose any road is dreadful after 28 years of back and forth.

I really don't mind the drive if it is for something fun like maybe a group hunt (hint hint) and my wife enjoys the shopping in Lexington and Louisville.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
mrtim said:
Luckily, I only travel about 20 miles on 64. Worse than that is the drive on Mountain Parkway, The longest 90 minutes you will ever drive.

I'll second that! I'd rather take a beating as make the drive from Winchester to Pikeville or vice versa :violent1:

K

Kentucky Kache

I love those drives. It's the scenery that makes it special. I guess if you live there and see it everyday it gets old, but I really like it.

K

Kentucky Kache

just-geese said:
Cache Crazy said:
I love those drives. It's the scenery that makes it special. I guess if you live there and see it everyday it gets old, but I really like it.
Special the first 100 times LOL

Good point.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh, i Know that stretch of road too well. I pulled a Nova SS through there on a trailer and man was it fun.Over the hills around the curves and wondering if I was ever going to get home. The best part of the trip is when i got on the other side of Pikeville and following directions from map quest to find the address for the car. I ended up going on a one lane rd on top of a mountain with no where to turn around and no Cell phone signal . I searched on a real map and found that i was 10 miles away and in the wrong direction,so i had to turn this trailer around on a side of a bluff that would have been certain death with one false move,but i finally made it and vowed to never bid on a car from that area again.

Nova Treasure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread