• 1460723664666.jpg
    1460723664666.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
22 boxes to dump for about 11$ in silver... next time just head down to the coin shop... the time you spend on dumping 22 boxes, will run you dry.. lol

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's rough. My boxes have not been producing much either

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
This is when you got to think about all those great boxes and scores you were posting not to long ago. The ups and downs of the silver tide.

scottw

Jul 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done 25 boxes since Jan 1, with a yield of 1 40%er.
Yikes, I don't remember it ever being this bad.
I am down to 1 box a week. That is my pain threshold.
I had a goal of 10 rolls of 40's for 2016.
My new goal is to search 1 box a week.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Maybe we should talk some more about CRH videos...
Ha ha ha!!!

I found 2 solid shotgun rolls a couple of weeks ago, posted about and got a total of 1 reply, in part I think because I never post pictures. I started CRH'ing a couple of years ago because of people posting pictures and videos of silver stacks on this site. I've pulled 1,000's of silver coins, old commemoratives, IHP's, proofs, buffalo's, and numerous solid rolls all because of pictures. I think it's funny that putting a picture of a bunch of Kennedy's makes a story more of less interesting to a group of knowledgeable hunters. It does attract newbies though.

sorry about the crappy boxes. I'm in about the same spot. All denominations are really poor for me. Good luck and happy hunting.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last twenty boxes produced this

Everyone reaches there breaking point when they either stop or lower the amount searched. I think you are reaching that point with all the threads you have started showing how disappointed you are.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And to think, since I don't check halves, only cents & dimes, today one of my sweet young tellers calls me over to her window and says "I have something for you, I think you might like it. It's an old coin". She hands over to me a 1952 Ben, for face value. No SKUNK half boxes for me. Just love when they do that, I slipped her a couple of bucks anyway.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went through a boat load of pennies (cents, sorry) and got ZIP. I gave up on silver awhile back. The three banks I was using refuse to order it anymore and won't sell me boxes of dimes.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha ha!!!

I found 2 solid shotgun rolls a couple of weeks ago, posted about and got a total of 1 reply, in part I think because I never post pictures. I started CRH'ing a couple of years ago because of people posting pictures and videos of silver stacks on this site. I've pulled 1,000's of silver coins, old commemoratives, IHP's, proofs, buffalo's, and numerous solid rolls all because of pictures. I think it's funny that putting a picture of a bunch of Kennedy's makes a story more of less interesting to a group of knowledgeable hunters. It does attract newbies though.

sorry about the crappy boxes. I'm in about the same spot. All denominations are really poor for me. Good luck and happy hunting.

Timing is everything. I like to reply to posts, but I'm clearing land, which leaves very little time for viewing. Glad you found something. I had a net of 4 40%ers out of my last 12 boxes. OUCH...Brad

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the way this hobby is...you either find none, a few, or a lot. Good luck to you!!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boxes are horrible here too. I stopped ordering for a while. It got too disappointing. People have been ordering and dumping heavy in my area. Its like there's all of a sudden a huge upswing in the number of people CRHing or people are ramping up their orders. Its really competitive to find even a few loose halves and the dumps get shuffled from one bank to the next by eager hunters. Good thing its good metal detecting weather. Best of luck to all and I hope it gets better for you.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Boxes are horrible here too. I stopped ordering for a while. It got too disappointing. People have been ordering and dumping heavy in my area. Its like there's all of a sudden a huge upswing in the number of people CRHing or people are ramping up their orders. Its really competitive to find even a few loose halves and the dumps get shuffled from one bank to the next by eager hunters. Good thing its good metal detecting weather. Best of luck to all and I hope it gets better for you.

Loose lips sinks ships. Exactly why I'm against videos about crh online. But anyone who likes them Will insist it's not affecting the hobby

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loose lips sinks ships. Exactly why I'm against videos about crh online. But anyone who likes them Will insist it's not affecting the hobby

You can be against it all you want, but your never going to be able to stop it or do anything about it. Everything you could ever want to know about CRH can be found here, other websites, on youtube, and the many books written on the subject.

Last edited:

scottw

Jul 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think the casual hunter, who wants to try something new, would get discouraged fairly quickly. Someone watches a Utube vid where someone is getting 20 or more good coins is great fun, but how often does that really happen?
The newb expects that every time. I would imagine after the 3rd or 4th time of not getting anywhere near that result, he is done with it.
Perhaps there are more hunters today. But there are also more who put nice coin back in circulation.
There are just more of everybody nowadays, and that trend is not going to reverse itself in the forseeable future.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
You can be against it all you want, but your never going to be able to stop it or do anything about it. Everything you could ever want to know about CRH can be found here, other websites, on youtube, and the many books written on the subject.

Once again. Its the chicken and the egg argument. Unless someone is stumbling around online looking for CRH info its not going to pop out at them. with that being said they can be searching Metal detecting stuff on youtube and a video about CRH pops up from the list of relevant topics. All bc someone felt the need to plaster a video on how to get free silver from banks.
I could are less how many articles are written, said articles are not jumping off the screen at people while they channel surf on youtube, videos are.
There could be 1 millions articles about CRH online, that point is meaningless. How do you think people get the idea of searchign or looking up said articles. From to many people opening there mouth, without that how would they even know what to search or look up fro info about the hobby

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this video long ago. Agree, a clown. Like if tellers have available silver coins for the customers that say those words. What an ignorant clown.

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll tell you how I got started.

I was watching an episode of Storage Wars and the "unit" had a can full of silver quarters in it. I'm sorry to say up until then I didnt know that pre 65 coins were silver. I did a bunch of internet searches on buying and finding pre65 coins and it lead me to here and Coin Community.

Without Tnet, I wouldnt have a clue how to do this

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread