PNC delivers a knockout blow (at least to me anyway)

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Capital One removed all of their coin machines last year that definitely put me on the ropes from a dumping standpoint, but now that PNC has removed all of their coin machines I'm throwing in the towel. Showing deposits and waiting to be credited via bags is definitely not my thing, and I still have a few "under the radar" banks with machines to get rid of coins if/when I get the itch, but variety is what always helped me to not wear out my welcome.

It's been a heck of a 5 1/2 year run that has allowed me accumulate just over 2,100 ounces of silver, and for that I am both very lucky and very grateful.

Good luck to all of you from the sidelines.

Upvote 0

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks. Sorry to hear! 2,100 ozt. is certainly an awesome stack to build in under 6 years.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Up here too CardsNCoins, they put both of the PNC machines in my area out of service this week. 2100 oz is a great run, congrats!

ceeemeee

Jul 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up here too CardsNCoins, they put both of the PNC machines in my area out of service this week. 2100 oz is a great run, congrats!

Were they in the lobby or behind the counter?

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this week they pulled the machines when I attempted to dump and had to reroll all the coins. So is it official they will not get the counters back? The one teller simply told me PNC does not have a relationship with the coin counter people anymore. I didn't ask for more info

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the awesome stack! I hope I have 2100 ozt when I finally give up. I'm sitting at 270 ounces so I'm a bit off the mark but you never know in this hobby. Best of luck to you.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i guess PNC Bank didnt want to be on the next target of investigations lol

jasonscoins

Apr 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told today that it is company wide and machines are not likely to return.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The PNC branches near me have put an abrupt end to my CRH. Two years ago, I used one of them as a dump bank with coin bag deposits. This was super convenient. Well, after about a month of that, I received a padded envelope in the mail from PNC with a letter enclosed that they will no longer except large amounts of coin deposits and I could only deposit a maximum of $100 rolled coin at a time. The envelope also contained about 30 coin wrappers. I was mad, but oh well. I opened an account at a local bank with a coin counter and that solved that problem.

I started using PNC as my main pick up bank. Well 6 months ago, you guessed it, they can no longer request half dollars from their vender. I do all my main banking with PNC so I didn't close my accounts or anything. I have just exhausted all CRH efforts with PNC in my area. I wasn't even doing high volume.

Now I have accounts at several banks and I'm slowly working up relationships with these banks to start ordering again. My dump situation is still great....for now.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Vdubguy - you might want to consider transferring your accounts at PNC to banks that cater to your CRH activities. I've got retirement accounts at one pick up bank, and refinanced my mortgage at a dump bank. Believe me, if it's not a corporate decision they will look at how valuable a customer you are to them before even thinking about cutting you off.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PNC pulled their machines in my area long ago. All that was left was TD and now they are out of commission for a while. PNC machines allowed me to do much higher volume since you could dump huge amounts at a time. The $100 half bags at TD not so much.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey CnC really sorry to hear about that, really hope you can figure something out so you don't have to totally get out of the hobby. HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The PNC branches near me have put an abrupt end to my CRH. Two years ago, I used one of them as a dump bank with coin bag deposits. This was super convenient. Well, after about a month of that, I received a padded envelope in the mail from PNC with a letter enclosed that they will no longer except large amounts of coin deposits and I could only deposit a maximum of $100 rolled coin at a time. The envelope also contained about 30 coin wrappers. I was mad, but oh well. I opened an account at a local bank with a coin counter and that solved that problem.

I started using PNC as my main pick up bank. Well 6 months ago, you guessed it, they can no longer request half dollars from their vender. I do all my main banking with PNC so I didn't close my accounts or anything. I have just exhausted all CRH efforts with PNC in my area. I wasn't even doing high volume.

Now I have accounts at several banks and I'm slowly working up relationships with these banks to start ordering again. My dump situation is still great....for now.
Years ago when I first started this hobby I stopped into a PNC to talk to them about it, ordering some coins they pretty much shut me down before I could even start there and didn't bother with them again. I can't believe there were so snide as to even send the coin wrappers in the envelope to you with the letter lmao.HH, Maverick.

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read over the weekend in the newspaper that PNC took out all the coin counters because of the lawsuit against TD and their coin counters being inaccurate. Also, it stated PNC will not bring back the coin counters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread