CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, T Net , Mothers Day :icon_thumleft: My Best to All The Moms out there :icon_sunny: Today was a hot one here in Jersey , close to 80 degrees . :P Near the old gristmill are a few cellar holes that I located last month . I started working around a pile of bricks that where piled up near a hole that likely was a well . The bottle diggers in my area really worked this place over . Broken bottles and junk iron has been stacked near trees . The first find today was a rat tail pewter spoon , a big one compared to most . Moments after the spoon an iron tea pot spout . I'm thinkin' :icon_scratch: must have been the kitchen , stone ware , and my first silver at this site . :o A small tea spoon with PROVE and silver smitty mark AB 8) I went into a diggin' frenzy when I found the spoons . :P First coin was a copper , holed , an has a rose on the back ??? Dug parts of a wood stove . The kitchen was cookin' two more green discs ,1787 or 88 Jersey copper , reverse is toast and another mystery coin ?? . I dug a trench two and a half foot deep and started seeing chards , and more stoneware and glass . Another coin , this one is a black one ... silver :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7: British 1757 sixpence !! Felt good to be back , an eight hour hunt yielded some decent finds . I left there covered with dirt . I hope the pics tell the rest of the story . Thanks for stopping in 8) Dawg Update on silver spoon; I checked the silversmith site and found a silversmith mark very similar to ; Andrew Billings
Preston, CT; Fishkill, NY; and Poughkeepsie, NY c. 1773-1805
Served as a captain in the Revolutionary War.

Attachments

• dawg1.JPG
    dawg1.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 5,775
  • 28.JPG
    28.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 5,513
  • 27.JPG
    27.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 5,546
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 5,558
  • 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 5,595
  • 26.JPG
    26.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 5,564
  • 23.JPG
    23.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 5,614
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 5,625
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 5,663
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 5,659
  • 36.JPG
    36.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 5,703
  • sixpence coin.JPG
    sixpence coin.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 5,009
Upvote 3

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Re: Hot Diggity Dawg 1757 Silver and

CMDiamonddawg said:
Finally. Congrats again for the banner, dawg! Where it belongs: at the top!
Tuberale Poughkeepsie, NY will be proud his spoon can be seen again :o :o
[/quote]
Does that mean you intend to donate it to a Poughkeepsie, NY museum? Very Cool!

BTW, are those grape vines in the photos? If so, quite old.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX

That spoon is one of the coolest finds I've seen. Especially since you ID'd the silversmith. Really, really cool find.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome dig! Great history there

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What an amazing variety of stunning finds! :notworthy: If that had'a been me digging there and finding that stuff, after waking up from a lengthy fainting spell, :P :D I would be researching the initials on the front of the spoon as well. :icon_thumright: Just such exciting finds, Dawg! And def banner worthy! :icon_pirat:
Many congrats to ya!
Nana :hello:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:wav: BANNER, Congrats buddy! :wav:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Congrats Dawg :hello2:
Took a while, but these fantastic finds are looking great up there !
Keep em coming :hello:

stevepeach29

Greenie
Dec 7, 2009
Lexington Ma.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X

:) The Sixpense is awesome...the spoon is STELLAR!!! The only one I've seen was in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston! Great Mother's Day finds,,,good job Brother Dawg! Great to see up on the Banner!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

sorry i missed this post dawg.WOW! amazing stuff and congrats! wish all of our sites had that much open area to swing freely on.awesome job man! :thumbsup: 2 thumbs up :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dwayne sueño said:
congrats on the banner, Dawg.
heck of a day you had there!
Thanks , dwayne :headbang: thanks for stopping in to check out my stuff ...have a good one !
rtde3 said:
"They were part of this families everyday life many years ago and to see these after buried for decades is a thrill . HH Dawg "

That's what it's all about Dawg!
Congrats on all the finds And making banner! :thumbsup:
see anything you wanna trade fer Rob :icon_sunny: gold looks great :headbang: Thanks man
Tuberale said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
Finally. Congrats again for the banner, dawg! Where it belongs: at the top!
Tuberale Poughkeepsie, NY will be proud his spoon can be seen again :o :o
Does that mean you intend to donate it to a Poughkeepsie, NY museum? Very Cool!

BTW, are those grape vines in the photos? If so, quite old.
[/quote] :dontknow: Not sure , the spoon may stay in Jersey , but ya never know :icon_scratch: grape vines are of the centuries old size .....huge . Thanks for your comment Tuberale :thumbsup: I would be interested hearing about your being a relative to the REV WAR soldier /silversmith :o that's wild
Skrimpy said:
That spoon is one of the coolest finds I've seen. Especially since you ID'd the silversmith. Really, really cool find.
Thanks Skrimpy and Welcome to the odayys forum , I will watch out for your threads , :icon_pirat:
timbobwey said:
Awesome dig! Great history there
Glad you like them ! I try :sunny:
Nana40 said:
What an amazing variety of stunning finds! :notworthy: If that had'a been me digging there and finding that stuff, after waking up from a lengthy fainting spell, :P :D I would be researching the initials on the front of the spoon as well. :icon_thumright: Just such exciting finds, Dawg! And def banner worthy! :icon_pirat:
Many congrats to ya!
Nana :hello:
Hi Nana ,pass out :laughing7: I get delusional sometimes after a good one :idea1: I get weird and think there are more , dig deeper , dig over here , kinda like get too excited :o funny actually because I usually burn out trying way too hard and hurry. Running fast is not a good thing for faint sounds . This one you must concentrate on the sounds of the the detector ...no visual display on old school Fisher 1265 X ...just different tones . Found a ton of stuff with the old girl !! Initials would be tough without record of sale from back then . This winter when things get slow I may , right now I have limited time left before too many tourists move in the area for the summer. Summer 2011 is close 8) :icon_sunny: Have a Great Memorial Day weekend to ALL and "Please Remember" All The Fallen Brave Men and Women of Our Armed Forces , Past and Present :icon_salut: Be Careful and Enjoy your Freedom !! Thanks for a Banner TN :hello2: Thousands of lookers must be worthwhile :o I am enjoying this because it may be another long time before Getting back. 8)
{Sentinel} said:
:wav: BANNER, Congrats buddy! :wav:
Josh , how ya doin bud , I think I see a dawg find up top :dontknow: nah ,,, must be dreaming again ??? your about due for a plate or something spectacular , I know it :o Thanks J man 8) 8)
steelheadwill said:
Congrats Dawg :hello2:
Took a while, but these fantastic finds are looking great up there !
Keep em coming :hello:
Many Thanks H :icon_pirat: a year of digging junk and all of a sudden a non stinker Thanks to All of the supportesr during my mill hunt days , next one should be interesting :laughing7: stay tuned & Thanks Again for the kind words and inspiration :thumbsup: Dawg
allen said:
congrats on making the banner, those
sweet finds deserved to be up there !
Thanks Allen .... Every one that hunts over 10 hours a week and works 48 + deserves to be up there Best Summer Hunt are heading our way ! Enjoy :icon_sunny: 8) 8) dawg
Kieth-Tx said:
Awesome finds dude!!!! :headbang:
Thanks Kieth-Tx great fish avatar , I like it 8) 8) HH and have a nice summer Lone Star State
stevepeach29 said:
:) The Sixpense is awesome...the spoon is STELLAR!!! The only one I've seen was in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston! Great Mother's Day finds,,,good job Brother Dawg! Great to see up on the Banner!
:o Fine Arts Museum in Boston :headbang: Hope you find a Mass shillings up in Bean Town , your due for one or a Tree coin , Best to you and tell the gang HI :wink: :laughing7: Thanks Bro :read2:
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
sorry i missed this post dawg.WOW! amazing stuff and congrats! wish all of our sites had that much open area to swing freely on.awesome job man! :thumbsup: 2 thumbs up :thumbsup:
Thanks Dave , The only reason the clearing is not getting overgrown are the bricks ... buried broken bricks and ticks , lot of those darn Dracula &@$T@&$ Congrats on the new GW discovery , Wish our sites had GW buttons , a lot are under asphalt and concrete :dontknow: esp. Philadelphia area

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats pretty cool.

That silversmith did his trade around these parts and lived and died just up the road from my place.

Neat finds and congrats on the banner. :icon_thumleft:

usaranger

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2007
Surfside SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 5 different models.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Dawg,
Great finds, Jersey is good hunting, I've found many good areas there. I like your choice of detectors, very productive.

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great Hunt Dawg,
Sorry for being late to the party,(& to think back in the day everyone waited for me to get there with the good stuff :laughing7:) Anyway cool finds no doubt. :headbang: Was wondering though about your pewter spoon,as i'm trying to teach myself a little more about these older ones.I see your stem seems to have a ridge/seam along the side & was wondering if it was flat on the front side or round???
Thanks Man,
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Attachments

• 33[1].JPG
    33[1].JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,014
OP
OP
CMDiamonddawg

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Missed it bro , We waited but you were late , so the next time 8) ;D top is round > see pic < Thanks for stopping in , Pete
Southie E.J. said:
Wicked nice!
Thanks , Southie E J
True_Metal said:
Thats pretty cool.

That silversmith did his trade around these parts and lived and died just up the road from my place.

Neat finds and congrats on the banner. :icon_thumleft:
PM ed ya True Metal , and hope the move went well , a week sooner and I could have had pictures of Captain Billings homested and possibly a picture of his final resting place ,, Old Christ Church Cemetary , Market Street , Billings, Major Andrew, d. 1808, Apr. 28, a. 64 y.:( a TN member , bergie , lives somewhere around that area . Hey Bergie are ya out there :hello:
usaranger said:
Hey Dawg,
Great finds, Jersey is good hunting, I've found many good areas there. I like your choice of detectors, very productive.
Hi USA Ranger , you have a few ... they are relic finders , proven time and time again to get it done . Thanks man :hello: dawg 8) 8) 8) Thank You :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7: :hello: Fellow Diggers 12,000 views :o Best to You All for A Successful 2011 :icon_sunny: Dawg

Attachments

• washington 040.JPG
    washington 040.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 913
  • washington 041.JPG
    washington 041.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 928

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2