JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hot & Dry Digs

Hi guys, haven't been out alot over the past week or so. Been busy working on stuff. I hate this hot dry drought weather where having right now to. Makes for uncomfortable hunting and ground is really getting hard. I found 7 wheat's and a 1905 v-nickle if your wondering what the coin is under the wheat's. Just didn't put it in a case.

I found a really odd bullet. I know you can't see much from the scan but I'll describe it as best as possible. It looks like a .45. Maybe bigger than that. It's a hollow point but it's not like the one's I have used and seen before. It is hollowed out really deep. It is a all silver bullet. It has no markings on the bottom and no little circle that the firing pin would hit. It has what looks like really light swirling circle marks on the bottom. It looks like some kind of armour piercing bullet. Or maybe it was home made by someone. It has slits that are cut along the side of the bullet that go all the way down to the shell. It's really a cool bullet and would love to see the gun it would of came out of.

Other than that it's been a relic haul as you can see for the most part of my last few trips out. Hope to get out soon and find some better stuff.

HH Jer

Attachments

• Hot & Dry digs 6.jpg
    Hot & Dry digs 6.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 280
  • Hot & Dry digs 1.jpg
    Hot & Dry digs 1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Hot & Dry digs 2.jpg
    Hot & Dry digs 2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 260
  • Hot & Dry digs 3.jpg
    Hot & Dry digs 3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Hot & Dry digs 4.jpg
    Hot & Dry digs 4.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hot & Dry Digs

Thats a lot of stuff, tell me in the third picture down 2nd item in from the right. Is that gold, or what is it? Can't help with the bullet maybe it was used to kill vampires.

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 215
  • cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 217

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hot dog, you found one of the Lone Rangers silver bullets!!!! Was it still in Tonto when he shot him for snoring too loud?????? ;D

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Hey guys, the gold colored thing is part of a watch. It says elgin 17 jewels I think. It's all coroded though.

HH Jer

F

Floater

Jerdfx Cool stuff.What is the object in the center top of third picture that is sideways?Looks like a totem pole.?

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

What's up floater and thanks. It is the bottom of a old toy car. When I first dug it I thought it was a toy airplane with the wings broke off of it. Been slow lately. Hope to get out and hit some more good spots with more coins. My detecting time has been limited lately.

Good Luck Jer

F

Floater

Oh I see it now. thats the oil pan to the left. Cool. Thanks Jerdfx HH

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

WOW!!!! Some really cool finds you've got there! I'd rather find relics than coins any day. Well, except for the really, really old coins, of course.

vicki

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks guys, 17 straight days with no rain. Supposed to rain over the next few days. Can't wait to get out to some softer ground. It's been so dry that brush fires have been happening around. I haven't been out much so I am eager to get out and do some more serious hunting like I usually get a chance to do. I'll keep you guys posted.

Good luck to all Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread