Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It quite raining at about 4pm so on my way home I found a little open area off a side road. After digging a few pull tabs ,I got a good signal and it was a French 1989 20 centimes. Soon after I dug two 1 Shilling coins from Austria both from the 80s ,then I dug what looks like some type of Russian coin from 1965 ,Then I was shocked to dig what looks like a man's wedding ring. I thought it might be gold but after I got it home I could tell it was to lite and is discolored on the inside. It was still a rush to first see it. I also dug a 1950 1 Deutsch mark, a modern bus token , and 3 euro 30 cents which I will spend soon. I wish every day was as lucky as today but thats not the way it works. . The stuff is not worth much but it is always nice adding to your collection. I laid all my finds from the last week or so out and took 4 pictures and then my computer kept telling me that there was no connection.After the third time trying the screen froze up. ???I'll keep trying and hopefully can get the pics downloaded from the camera. Thinks for reading.HH

Upvote 0

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I imagine it was still good to get out. Have patience, the gold (the real thing) will come!!! HH

F

Floater

BirdMan where are you? Thats some wild finds from 4 countrys all in one spot. A little heart stopper is good for the Soul. LOL.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Germany, about 45 minutes from the French border(to close). I was shocked to see all the different coins come out of this area because it's not really a park ,it's just a grassy area thats off the beaten path. The Russion one is the one that really threw me.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
The first ring is always a special find! And that taught me to change some of my tactics in the way I hunt.
I've learned to do quick hunts in area's for lost jewelry that may have been lost recently. Great work sound's like the place to be for MDing congrat's

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Fantastic finds. How about some photos to impress us over here on the other side of the ocean? I salute you being a ex-military man myself and keeping us free here in the states. Keep up the good work.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bman, double check the inside of the ring for a hallmark of sort. 9 & 10 K gold will discolor, it might have enough build up over the hallmark so you might not be able to see it. Consider cleaning it, you know what to use, BRASSO, I'm sure you have some of that laying around, LOL! Nice hunt, it's cool finding foreign coins, I have a good hand full found in the fields. One of my favorite foreign coin finds is an American 1864 Indian Head, LOL! HH, Mike

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my camera working ,took a picture and now it don't want to coperate. This is the same picture in my other post. I tried to get one of the ring by itself but I think its got a bad cord.

Attachments

• Apr19^07.jpg
    Apr19^07.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 265
  • Apr19^07.jpg
    Apr19^07.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 266

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
When I was stationed in Hanau, in 1976, I searched the Army Kasserns in the Hanau area, there were several. I really cashed in on the silver. I wish I could get back there again just for that reason. There should still be plenty left. I also found several coins (Marks and Phennigs) with the Nazi insignias on them. Good Luck

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to Hanau this Saturday. Tons of history there, I went one time and found a few things. Finally got a picture of the ring I found yesterday,nothing impressive but it was a first for me. :)

Attachments

• Apr20^02.jpg
    Apr20^02.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 244
OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of places to hunt but the problem is the language barrier. Most people under 35 speak some English. Germans as a rule don't like old stuff so I get a few laughs every now and then but alot want to see what I am finding.Just like in the states most historical parks are off limits but the history is so thick here that it is fairly easy to find a good spot.In some areas you are sopposed to have some type of permit but I can't find anyone around here that knows if I am sopposed to have on or not. So far I have not had a problem.

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Just down from Pioneer Kassern used to be another called Grosse Alheim Kasserne (I believe). Right across from the American housing area. There was an American Elementary school there. In the play field and soccer field is where I found the silver. I used an old Whites Coinmaster 5 back then, no disc. So I am sure I missed plenty; hope you find it.

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff! I will try to find the spot that you are talking about. I am sure there is still stuff to be found.Last time I drove up there hunted by an Army post but I am not sure which one.Thinks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread