weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to go for a short hunt and the wife decided to stay home so i went to a spot that she don't like to hunt cause its a limestone gravel area where people pull off along a road that go's to a gas station and dairy queen ! its like a park and ride also just not as big ;D i seen there was only one car there so i hit it for about and hour and most of the change was close to the top :thumbsup: I'm glad to cause that limestone is hard to dig in and that's what the wife don't like :icon_scratch:did pretty good for an hour i think ! $3.78 cents :icon_sunny: well its back to work tomorrow so the rest of the day will be watching the race and resting up for a hard week :-\ thanks for looking and happy hunting :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 100_2004 (700 x 525).jpg
    100_2004 (700 x 525).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Weas!!! Congrats.
I use the pointed end of a rock hammer to scrape away the gravel on that type of digging.
You can buy a gallon of gas now. :thumbsup:
-MM-

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nightwolf said:
Nice job on the clad cleanup, it's definitely not easy digging in the rocky stuff :thumbsup:
thanks nightwolf , it wasnt too bad , most of the coins i just brush the loose stuff on top and there they was :wink:
FooserPaul said:
Wow... that was digging a coin ever 45 second.... Your a better man than I.....

Nice digs!
thanks FooserPaul ! it was fun as the coins were in the loose stuff on top :thumbsup:
ModernMiner said:
Nice job Weas!!! Congrats.
I use the pointed end of a rock hammer to scrape away the gravel on that type of digging.
You can buy a gallon of gass now. :thumbsup:
-MM-
thanks MM ! a gallon to get me to another hunt , sometime soon i hope :thumbsup:

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tymcmurray said:
Can;t was off that kind of dirt.
thanks tymcmurray :D
Moonshadow said:
Pretty damn good in my book! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

HH,
Moon
thanks Moonshadow :thumbsup:

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
That is a tough surface to hunt...and can be very hard to dig sometimes... I give them a shot once in a while too... Good work for an hour... 8)

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DFX-SE Gregg said:
That is a tough surface to hunt...and can be very hard to dig sometimes... I give them a shot once in a while too... Good work for an hour... 8)
thanks gregg ! I just get the stuff thats within 2 or 3 inches so its not too bad and i do pretty good sometimes :thumbsup:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep nice pull for an hour I did an hour clad hunting myself today, I got $9.11 in clad but my spot is like taking candy from a baby a hundered people sit on the grass every friday and watch a movie I hadn't hunted it all summer.

OP
OP
weasel606

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
txkickergirl said:
yep nice pull for an hour I did an hour clad hunting myself today, I got $9.11 in clad but my spot is like taking candy from a baby a hundered people sit on the grass every friday and watch a movie I hadn't hunted it all summer.
WOW thats nice pile of clad for an hour hunt txkickergirl :headbang: i know its just clad but it sure adds up and fun to find ;D congrats :thumbsup:

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Congrats on the hard digging ,Im like your wife the dry hard ground is bad but hard dry ground with rocks sucks !!!!! HA.HA. Good luck on your next hunt. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread