House hunting

jsandin

Nov 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife and I have been hunting houses lately. We look at acreage...1, 2, 3, typically.

We looked at a house the other day built in 1917, on 2 acres.

A few days before that we saw one built in 1939, on 3 acres.

I didn't ask the realtors if I could detect. I hinted, but got no offers. The 1917 one was vacant! And would be a years' worth of detecting fun. The owners are in Costa Rica. Some scofflaws dumped about a ton of junk illegally on the property after cutting the gate lock. We're not buying it.

Question. Has anybody here ever finessed house hunting into treasure hunting?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jsandin

jsandin

Nov 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
plehbah said:
That sounds like a good way to get high pressure sales calls from a realtor during dinner time.

Maybe you should just wait until it gets dark, cut the lock, and then clean up all of the junk that was dumped.

Then they would be obligated to you, and then you could pressure them into inviting you over for dinner, and allowing you to detect the properties.

Kudos to you for your brilliant pathological scheming!

Thanks....I've always wanted to be shot for stealing trash.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sonny Cancún said:
My wife and I have been hunting houses lately. We look at acreage...1, 2, 3, typically.

We looked at a house the other day built in 1917, on 2 acres.

A few days before that we saw one built in 1939, on 3 acres.

I didn't ask the realtors if I could detect. I hinted, but got no offers. The 1917 one was vacant! And would be a years' worth of detecting fun. The owners are in Costa Rica. Some scofflaws dumped about a ton of junk illegally on the property after cutting the gate lock. We're not buying it.

Question. Has anybody here ever finessed house hunting into treasure hunting?

Read the book, Search, by James Warnke and you'll have all of the answers you'll need your question.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions