Houston Area Military butttons

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since April 23, I have dug 4 military coat buttons. On April 23 I got one WW1 button, then on the 30th near the same spot in North Houston got a Fed general issue Civil war cuff button, then on May 22 I got an 1870's NY Excelsior button and another WW1 button. I kinda think that is really unusual for the Houston area and not in any known military site area.

On my E-trac in very very dry ground The two WW1 buttons rang up 12-47 (the really greened up one was 13-45. The civil war button, at about 8 inches in the bottom af a ditch, rang up 12-31, and the Excelsior was in two pieces at about 5-6 inches so the top rang up 12-28, and base was 12-09. the two pieces were in the same hole. When I put them together in an air test they rang up 12-31.

SpringTxDigger

Dec 28, 2008
Katy Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerry have you found any more buttons lately? I think it's pretty amazing the ones you've found.

OP
OP
jas415

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be totally honest I havent found anything!! Well, almost anything. I hunted an old restaurant, the Cinco De Mayo, which burned about 10 yrs ago in front of the Lowes Spring movies on Holtzarth and have dug about 90 coins in an area about 8' by 30'. They had an old board porch entry and the coins are under there. Lots of signals and it really takes a lot of time sorting them out even with a small 6" coil. But, I am working on it!! I havent been back tot he Heights area lately nor to Texas City where I found the two buttons in late May. It appears that the City of Houston site shows that Bagby will be torn up in late July or August for re-paving and that is where I will be focusing for the next few months.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread