How about a little help here!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Little over a week ago I had to grab a couple rolls of steel strap that were falling and then a day later fell down the stairs here at home... clumsy? Gotta add clumsy to stupid now. Well all added up to that good old blown out disk at L4 going bad on me, just the left side this time.

So I missed most of last week's good weather for digging and this weekend is surely a bust too. I can finally sit in several different positions comfortably so I'm looking forward to living vicariously for another week or two before I get back to digs. So warm me up gang, don't make Goio and Tman do all the dirty work.

Haven't missed any work yet, that's what advil and aspirin are for.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL - I'm laughing with you not at you... ;D
I will try to find something good bud. :thumbsup:
Hope you get back in action soon, still plenty of treasure to dig before the ground freezes!!! :icon_pirat:

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
What a bummer man! I think the only cure is to just rest up. Bad backs are the worst though. I hate when you can't brush your teeth, like what is it that gets worked in your back when you are brushing your teeth anyway?? I've had that one happen quite a bit after pulling some back muscles. I can't imagine a blown disc.

Take solice in knowing that most of the treasure will still be then when you recover, unless Goio and Tman get to it first.

Here's some jokes... try NOT to laugh. Hee hee.

You know you are getting old when your back goes out more often than you do.

You know when you are getting old; when you bend down to tie your shoe laces you look arouind to see what else you can do while you are down there.

Joe: "I wish the women would leave the driving to us." John: "Hey! What happened?" Joe: "My wife backed the car out of the garage this morning." John: "So what's wrong with that?" Joe: "I backed it in last night." (That one's for all of you who have mistakenly backed into the parking spots at the CCFP.)

The names have been changed in this one... lets just say TreasureFiend gets to be Jesus Christ for a day:
LowBatts, Goio and Twistidd are drinking in a bar when a most distinguished bearded man enters and sits at a far table. They know this must be TreasureFiend, their Lord and Savior. Impressed, Goio, who has bad arthritis, orders a bottle of the best scotch in the house and takes it to him. " please accept this with my compliments, my Lord". Later TreasureFiend approaches Goio's table, thanks him and places his hand on his arthritic hands. Miraculously he is cured. Twistidd, who has bad neck, orders the finest Italian wine, delivers it to TreasureFiend with the same message. Awhile later TF again approches their table, thanks Twistidd and places his hand on his neck. Again there is an instant cure to their amazement. LowBatts, not to be outdone, delivers a superb rye whiskey to TreasureFiend with his compliments. After sampling this offering, TF approched the table once more and moved towards the LowBatts. Alarmed, Tim said, "Pleaase don't touch me, My Lord, or I will lose my workmens compensation".

A man told his doctor, "I've got a bad back." The doctor said, "It's old age." The man said, "I want a second opinion." The doctor says, "OK. you're ugly as well."

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Rootmaster, you gotta spend more time at the day job! I haven't missed a day of work over this, since I'm standing and lifting all night and it's gonna hurt enough to keep me up anyway, I figure what the heck. First time this happened I lost 3 months of work and gave up the pain killers because they just don't do anything good after a while.

Was in the Lowbatts Gym this morning with the wife (her and the kids use it MUCH more than I do) and was ripping a whole 10 lbs on the leg lifts so it's getting better. Offered to go with Mayo the other day (Friday) to the ballfields and spot for him, but had to take it back on account of getting into and out of the car was too much. ARGHHHH! Maybe I'll buy a lotto ticket.

Hey Fiend, I know you're good for it! Looking forward to your digs!

Oh yeah, go Bears!

trash n cash

Oct 14, 2007
Algonquin IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac / Garrett pro pointer
An older man who turned 62 yo, goes down to the social security office to get his retirement benefits.
He's in line and gets to the clerk and talks to her. He remembers that he forgot his wallet and can't prove his age. The female clerk says that's OK, If you can just lift up your shirt I can see the silver hair all over that chest and I believe you are of age.
He walks away with his benefits and rushes home to tell his wife. He gets home and tells her that he had forgotten his wallet and all the clerk wanted him to do was lift his shirt to prove his age. Then the wife tells the husband, You should have dropped your pants and got the disability too.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Sorry to hear it Tim,
I'm sure the weather will hold out for a few more weeks so you can get a few
more digs in before it hits the fan. Good time for research.
Heal up bud!
Mike

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Sorry about the back!! That's right up there with toothaches & migraines... :o

Take 'er easy for a bit so you can get back out here. I know I'm not finding it all, so there's gonna be plenty left for you! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread