Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to the vaccine, I turned back the aging clock 40 years and am now a hot 24 year old blonde! Not really.:laughing7:

After this post, you may have so many invites to private permissions that you won't have time to come out in the boat for more adventures at beach sites with N.A. artifacts, colonial stuff and fossils.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, true, but my ability to sniff out relics, and some truffles, remains intact.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry, just having some fun!:laughing7:I meant no insult at all to be sure.
I sincerely hope the shots work and this is all behind us soon. God bless & good luck to you all.

Esto Perpetua

Greenie
Feb 8, 2021
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 - Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an update from myself and the other half:

We both had out one dose J&J shot on the tenth. 17 Days later, and neither of us experienced any kind of miserable side effects from it. I was a little tired for a day or two, and my arm was sore for a couple days... that was it. We were both a little worried since we had the shot a day before before they paused it, so a little mental stress for awhile - not fun, but really nothing to worry about given the numbers. We are both early 40's, and I was kind of concerned for her due to the reported clotting.

We both feel great, and very glad to have gotten the shot.

Best of luck out there,
T

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Just an update from myself and the other half:

We both had out one dose J&J shot on the tenth. 17 Days later, and neither of us experienced any kind of miserable side effects from it. I was a little tired for a day or two, and my arm was sore for a couple days... that was it. We were both a little worried since we had the shot a day before before they paused it, so a little mental stress for awhile - not fun, but really nothing to worry about given the numbers. We are both early 40's, and I was kind of concerned for her due to the reported clotting.

We both feel great, and very glad to have gotten the shot.

Best of luck out there,
T

Do know most severe reactions are very very rare. Media tends to over blow things to the extent it needlessly scares people.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Second dose clobbered me.
30 hours till fever broke. With more breaks to follow.
Down in bed yesterday.
Still grateful for the shot .

Should another be advised in the future , I'll lobby for a child's dosage.
I'm close to that in weight. Thinking less a dose might be better. But a pharmacist would know better.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't consider myself a vaxer or antivaxer. But I am general hesitant about putting stock in any gvt agency. I didn't plan on getting the vaccine but my company seems to be moving towards requiring it. They offered it on location so I got the first moderna shot. No issues up front other than a bit of site tenderness. However, 2 days later I had dull, intense pain seemingly radiating out from the shot site. Both down my arm and back into my shoulder. I was away on a trip and it hurt bad enough I was considering where and how I'd get to an ER. Also concerned it may be heart related but I felt great other than the arm pain. After about 4 hours, it went away. I've decided not to get the second shot, at least for now.

All that said, I'm more concerned with how this effects me years down the road.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida’s Disney and Publix offer vaccine bonus...

Walt Disney World in Central Florida has joined Publix and other companies in offering cash bonuses to employees who get vaccinated against COVID-19.

Disney “cast members” who are fully vaccinated by Sept. 30 are eligible for a one-time payment equal to four hours of pay, Disney World spokeswoman Erica Ettori told the Orlando Sentinel.

The offer applies to employees who opt for either the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or the two-dose Moderna or Pfizer vaccines.

Read more here - https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article251027394.html

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Being they're talking about boosters down the road , I'm not expecting far reaching effects down the road for original vaccinations.
But I'm not in the pharma. business studies either...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being they're talking about boosters down the road , I'm not expecting far reaching effects down the road for original vaccinations.
But I'm not in the pharma. business studies either...

So Rev... how did your shots go ?
(i already know from The Random Chat Thread... i just wanted you to tell here... heh)

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
They're talking about booster shots already for the fall. Would you guys get it? I'm not sure who would pay for the boosters either.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ll get a booster in a heartbeat.
Gimme booster cables, college football boosters, booster seats....and especially the covid booster, if the good Dr. says so.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're talking about booster shots already for the fall. Would you guys get it? I'm not sure who would pay for the boosters either.

I will worry about it come fall, already got both of my shots now. I'm done wearing masks, went to bank today to talk about issue on one of my account, told customer rep I had had both shots and I was talking off my mask to talk, they told me no problem.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is for members who have had the shots on what the after effects were or weren't.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

I would strongly consider a booster.
My last month in a hospital (non Covid related) took a toll.
No hurry to return. (No offence to hospitals.) Left me a wee bit too weak, among other things.
Sure I could gamble on Covid not requiring me to be hospitalized. My luck gambling , I prefer to hedge my bets. In this case I gamble on Covid shots being less hassle.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Additional side effects: Bought a newer vehicle, Bought a couple non dug Confederate buttons, dug some minie balls.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an interesting article with some statistics on hospitalizations and deaths among vaccinated and unvaccinated. It says that for the month of May, only 1.1% of hospitalizations and 0.8% of deaths due to COVID were among people who were fully vaccinated, which means that 99.2% of deaths were people who did not get vaccinated or were only partially vaccinated.

Vaccines are now available to anyone in the US aged 12+ who wants one... for free.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-941fcf43d9731c76c16e7354f5d5e187

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread