Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members, this is NOT the politics forum, some posts are off topic too. Gare's question was...

I was just wondering about others on here if they had any issues with the Vaccine

Please report if you have had your shots

Off topic replies will be deleted, if members want to discuss politics side of virus or vaccines please do it in our politics forum found under Charter Member forum.

Last edited:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red-Coat,

I agree. My wife and I both had two shots of the Moderna vaccine. The Moderna vaccine seems to be effective against the Delta variant, which is good because of how much more easily that variant is transmitted. In the US, we've seen the majority of hospitalizations and deaths among people who have not been vaccinated (although I haven't looked into specific demographics), which is why I posted this:

Here is an interesting article with some statistics on hospitalizations and deaths among vaccinated and unvaccinated. It says that for the month of May, only 1.1% of hospitalizations and 0.8% of deaths due to COVID were among people who were fully vaccinated, which means that 99.2% of deaths were people who did not get vaccinated or were only partially vaccinated.

Vaccines are now available to anyone in the US aged 12+ who wants one... for free.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members, this is NOT the politics forum, post are off topic too. Gare's question was...

Off topic replies will be deleted, if members want to discuss politics side of virus or vaccines please do it in our politics forum found under Charter Member forum.

Thank you TH. Staying on topic... After my second Moderna shot on Sunday, May 2, I had flu-like syptoms (headache, body aches, chills) during the night after the shot and the following day. The body aches were likely compounded by the fact that I did a lot of physical activity throughout the day and into the evening on the day that I got the second shot. By May 4, I was feeling like my usual self.

I've been relieved to see how effective the vaccines have been in preventing serious illnesses in the vaccinated population and that the vaccines have thus far been effective even against the new variants.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members, this is NOT the politics forum, some posts are off topic too. Gare's question was...

Sorry, I realize now my reply to a post was off topic.

Only had about 12 hours of feeling crumby after my 2nd Moderna dose.

Was happy to recently read that the Moderna vaccine is expected to protect you longer than they first thought!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because of the spread of the Delta variant here in California, some authorities are thinking of reinstating the requirement to wear masks in certain areas.
Don......

I’m still wearing mine. I am skeptical that we are out of the woods and don’t want to wait until it pops up all around me and they find vaccines don’t protect against latest variant. It’s a small thing do do and while some people are looking at me funny, my masks are here to stay for a while.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far the current vaccines are shown to be effective against the variants including Delta, plenty of reports on it too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...y-as-delta-variant-concerns-rise/2419162/?amp

"The news echoes other findings that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are highly effective against the delta variant. A study published this month in Nature found that Pfizer's vaccine was able to neutralize variants including delta, though at somewhat reduced strength."

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...accine-is-effective-against-the-delta-variant

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen a program to where it was said that a vaccinated person can pick up the virus and not be effected yet at the same time carry that bug close to a non vaccinated person and infect them. The reason given was to show that even though you are vaccinated it would be a good idea to wear a mask in the presents of a non vaccinated person (in public). And that non vaccinated person should definitely be wearing a mask under those circumstances.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen a program to where it was said that a vaccinated person can pick up the virus and not be effected yet at the same time carry that bug close to a non vaccinated person and infect them. The reason given was to show that even though you are vaccinated it would be a good idea to wear a mask in the presents of a non vaccinated person (in public). And that non vaccinated person should definitely be wearing a mask under those circumstances.

I have read and watched plenty that said the likely hood of vaccinated person spreading virus is extremely low. If people that are not vaccinated are concerned vaccinated people are not wearing masks then they should either be vaccinated or wear 2 masks.

The odds of vaccinated people getting virus is 3,000 of 1%, out of 162,000,000 people vaccinated only 5400 have had break through infections.

I'm done wearing masks and I will not be shamed or feel guilty for not wearing mask either, people dont want to catch virus get vaccinated.

Last edited:

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had 2 shots. By the time I got the second shot, I felt better than I had in months.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This all surfaced with those two charter aircraft's that went from Texas to DC and part of the riders came down with a positive test. To each their own, I just thought that it was worth while to mention just in case someone else might enter a situation they were not sure of. I agree with folks should all get the shot unless they have a medical reason not to have it. Better day's are a comin.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better day's are a comin.

Better days could already be here if we didn't fall for propaganda. Iceland, one of the most educated countries in the world, not so coincidentally, has one of the highest adult vaccination rates in the world and has had only ONE covid death this year.

If we had duplicated that in the US (which we could have come close, we've had the vaccine free to us for several months now), we'd have no lockdowns, no resurgence, it'd be life as normal and we'd even have a legitimate chance of making covid not have enough hosts to even survive any longer in the US (well, we do have world travelers still bringing it in, but you get the sentiment).

https://news.yahoo.com/european-country-one-covid-death-year-160640254.html

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi smallfoot did you take the Ivermectin as prevention and how many tablets did you take

Ivermectin kills it! It is not a vaccine...I take the paste as mentioned which is available at Feed stores.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better days could already be here if we didn't fall for propaganda. Iceland, one of the most educated countries in the world, not so coincidentally, has one of the highest adult vaccination rates in the world and has had only ONE covid death this year.

If we had duplicated that in the US (which we could have come close, we've had the vaccine free to us for several months now), we'd have no lockdowns, no resurgence, it'd be life as normal and we'd even have a legitimate chance of making covid not have enough hosts to even survive any longer in the US (well, we do have world travelers still bringing it in, but you get the sentiment).

https://news.yahoo.com/european-country-one-covid-death-year-160640254.html

Iceland's population is also only 364,000 people, they recorded 6,900 cases and 30 deaths.d

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iceland's population is also only 364,000 people, they recorded 6,900 cases and 30 deaths.d

30 deaths total since the beginning of covid , one this year since the vaccine came out which is the critical point i was making.

And it can be mirrored here in the USA with the same ratio of deaths per capita if we achieved the same vaccinations rates. 1 death per 364,000 would give us a death total post vaccine of 901 vs the 348,000 we've seen YTD. I'd cut this in approximately by 2/3 though, since the first 3 months the vaccine wasn't readily available in the USA, so we would be at about 901 deaths if we were vaccinated at the same rate as Iceland vs the 116,000 we are at since the vaccine was rolled out.

Regardless, my point remains, if we all got on the same page and got vaccinated, deaths would plummet so low per capita, we'd have no lockdowns, no threats of more lockdowns and be back to normal.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my years of travels around the world in the military we had many warnings about wearing protection for a certain popular outing. Those who chose to ignore the warnings sometimes ended up in the dispensary and had to take a large number of shots to eliminate the disease. The initial disease was fairly b9 but as time went by it became a major issue. There was a multitude of variation diseases that fell under the initial two letter diagnosis. But the protection would still protect you. A degree of logic might just be in order to keep this new 5 letter infection under control. If your situation tells you that there might just be a marker to let you know that it is time just to slip a bit of protection over the possible entry points of your body.:heart:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody else here in the military? Remember how when you first went to basic they gave you shots? I never asked what was in them and probably should have. Same on deployments, they'd sometimes give a shot, "for your own good" of course.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody else here in the military? Remember how when you first went to basic they gave you shots? I never asked what was in them and probably should have. Same on deployments, they'd sometimes give a shot, "for your own good" of course.....

Same here, you walked down a line and they gave you shots in both arms as you walked. You could not refuse the shot or even ask what was in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions