spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would just post it in the garage sales / flea market forum :dontknow: People love to see someone get a great deal

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd like to see one just for ebay.

But I fear a lot of successful ebay people wouldn't want to brag too much online.

It's just like THing, the guys I know making it big in this hobby won't come anywhere near a forum. I know one fellow who could buy a new E-Trac about every couple weeks with the profits he's making metal detecting. If I mention coming here he just laughs and says he's too busy ;D

I do okay on ebay but not like some. I make the occasional hit but then I also lose so it about evens out.

I've probably done my best with coins.

CladSpends2, what were your biggest "hits" on feebay?

Badger

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
I am really not sure what my biggest score was on Ebay. I seem to do best on buying what I call poorly set up or displayed auctions of someone's collection. The one's that just say something like, "old coins" and are presented poorly by someone who doesn't collect coins, but might have gotten the collection from a dead relative. Somewhere in the pic or if you send an email asking questions you might see a CC Morgan or the like. I will after receiving the collection, start selling the stuff I like least and when I have gotten my money back, plus a small profit stop selling and keep the rest. I have a hoard for my daughter built just this way. I know it won't put her through college or make her a millionaire by 25, but I am hoping she might someday be able to buy a piece of land with it or something. I did once buy a collection from a guy in California, a late night thing here on the east coast, I guess no one was bidding at 1 a.m. I paid just over $300 for the whole collection and was able to put silver coins worth nearly that much into Mckella's little hoard. Maybe that would have been my best Ebay score, but that was over a yr ago. Thank you for responding, finally some one did positively. LOL T.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread