HOW ABOUT GUN SECTION

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's behind with what guns you guys own and collect. I think joining a gun forum would take care of that.
BUT, I would love to have a section all about guns and gun parts THAT WERE FOUND BY METAL DETECTING or some other means. I don't care to see people's antiques or coin collection they bought or inherited BUT I would love to see what they dug up.
The guns posted here on this thread bore me to death, EXCEPT the ones that were dug up.
It would be great to see Lock plates, side decorations, escutcheon pieces, finials, springs, etc. and of course a complete gun that were dug up. I have a lot of what I just listed and think that a gun section could benefit others who have dug up these items and need more info or an I.D.
If you have a non-dug collection of guns, then post it in the collections section.
I 100% agree that we should have a gun section pertaining to WHAT WE DUG UP. I do not want to see another political forum about open carry, gun owners rights, and what guns you like to fire off, etc. Over the years, those issues already clogged up a lot of this forum's space and has NOTHING to do with treasure hunting.
If the new gun section pertains to what we dug up, then you guys have my vote.
Dave.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
Muddyhandz said:
Over the years, those issues already clogged up a lot of this forum's space and has NOTHING to do with treasure hunting.
If the new gun section pertains to what we dug up, then you guys have my vote.
Dave.

So it's only treasure when it is found underground? Otherwise it's just stuff?

My gun collection is treasure to me, and when I find a deal on a firearm, I get the same feeling I get when I find a coin or an artifact. Doesn't matter if it is under dirt , in the floor joists of an abandoned house I help tear down(Winchester lever action 30-30), or on a table at a gun show, it's treasure if I want it to be.

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
so true but since we are all grown and most of us are americans i thought we could bite the bullet so to speak.since most of us here have a reasonable love of history and most of us stand up for the 2nd amendment ,that we could put political veiws aside since we do have A SECTION FOR THATand all of us have been smacked in the head enough since it like PREACHING TO THE CHOIR over and over and just discuss the best new ammo ,new targets, the best sale on items in our areas,new style of hunting long johns, get my drift. if some yo-yo comes on here blathering i think we can buzz him/her off.lets face it some of us on here are not young and besides having a side arm for defense i would like to hear ideas for personal and home defense since some of you guys are retired military and or police. thanks for letting me get long winded. goldie

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
I will defend this country with every once of energy and blood i have in my body ! and i am not an arrogant or dismissive individual. i have never duck hunted. how is a person to get well aquainted with different types of firearms except on the range or hunting. i sure the local police dept wouldn't take kindly if i acted like an idiot and use neighbor hood pets as targets .you will never hear or read anything about me discussing these topics on here again. the majority of the people i read or hear spouting off i believe are trying to convince themselves or someone else they are patriotic . a true patriot knows when to shut up and listen and when to take action.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas Quest: .357, S&W (Naturally) Highway Patrol model, with a 4" barrel and a Keith long range front sight. In Mexico, a quasi, semi legal..25 Titan. sigh. Of course with Keith semi wadcutters at about 1450 fps from 2400 powder.

Don Jose de La Mancha

mac762

Nov 18, 2007
Re: FIREARMS NO LUCK ON A new TNet board section ?

AzExplorer said:
Here is one of my favorites, every shot one?

I have trained 1000's of service members on that and other foreign weps prior to their overseas deployments, very accurate and highly reliable.

FWIW some were imported for the US market w/ .380 barrels, I suggest sticking w/ the 9x18 due to it's solid track record w/ regards to reliability.

Non import marked real Russian military MAKs bring big $$.

Is there a firearms section yet? I love the Makarov, super accurate and reliable.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
I didn't know that a CZ97 was so much bigger than a 1911...
0328102110.jpg

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7.62x25 =9mm+p :laughing7:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to see this topic come back.

Local Bi-Mart store got tired of having only empty shelves where ammo used to be and put reloading gear there.
Anyone else see ammo back on the shelves?

Grey

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: FIREARMS new TNet board section

x((((()))) said:
I should add that, If a forum like that was made for firearms, it would attract more people to the site that could be a real asset to the rest of us that need things identified that we find, wheather we find relics, bullets & more! Just my opinion
I visit a lot of firearms sites so if we had some boards here many would also come to raise the count for the sponsors. :headbang:

BlueDuck

Jun 26, 2009
Hayden, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Bounty Hunter
Bring it on. Id stop by from time to time. I come to this forum to learn and find out more about metal detecting but guns are a big part of my life.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an unabashed, unrepentent, gun lover, sides they have saved my life a few times, both directly and indirectly..

Viva wheel pistols,. especially S&W, not that I am biased or anything snicker.

Don Jose de La Mancha

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Firearms section? DO IT!
My sister is a Clinton loving/Gun hateing liberal. When my son (Marine Recon) came through home between assignments (3 of which were in Iraq), my sister ask him "How's your little Marine trigger finger?" He says "Aunti, if it wasn't for Marine trigger fingers, you would be speaking Jap." Siemper Fi

Attachments

• SSgt (Medium).jpg
    SSgt (Medium).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 212
  • SSgt (Medium).jpg
    SSgt (Medium).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 212

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kenley said:
Firearms section? DO IT!
My sister is a Clinton loving/Gun hateing liberal. When my son came through home between assignments (3 of which were in Iraq), my sister ask him "How's your little Marine trigger finger?" He says "Aunti, if it wasn't for Marine trigger fingers, you would be speaking Jap." Siemper Fi

;D :thumbsup:

Tell your son that we (from my home) thank him for his service.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
I now own a Taurus PT1911.
If anyone has an reservations about them because they are Taurus forget it. Mine is an excellent firearm and feels and shoots better than my Springfield. It came loaded with enough goodies to push a Colt into the $1300+ range and a Kimber well over a grand. Seriously nice pistol and it comes with 8rd mags. Hopefully they will make them in Commander size so I can get one of them as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread