How are all of our Ukrainian Tnet friends doing?

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2::coffee2: You are a good guy/gal
I'm a dude, David is my real name and i have two kids, a daughter and a son. (pic attached that i believe i posted a few years ago). My hobbies include metal detecting, history (i collect old photo's and postcards) hiking, camping, cars, off roading, shooting and weapons of war, especially WII era weapons.

How about you?

grand2.jpg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2: Ur a decent feller probably too.
Thank you and back at you with the same.:coffee2:
Speaking of war propaganda. I ran across another source of info on the war. If you have Telegram, search for “Ukraine NOW English” there is a thread that gets updated with videos and pictures. It’s clearly very biased info. But info is info. We just have to dissect it before digesting.
Thanks for that,I have a habit of confirming any info before believing it in it,s entirety.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a dude, David is my real name and i have two kids, a daughter and a son. (pic attached that i believe i posted a few years ago). My hobbies include metal detecting, history (i collect old photo's and postcards) hiking, camping, cars, off roading, shooting and weapons of war, especially WII era weapons.

How about you?

View attachment 2013586
Actually about exactly the same, except my name isn’t David ; ) Also spent my diaper days in a pack frame in the wilderness! Lots of nights spend tossing and turning in the middle of nowhere if you know what I mean?

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How about you?

View attachment 2013586
Hey David.Jim here. I remember your pics you posted,nice family you have. I have a daughter and a son,twin granddaughters and a grandson. I live in S.E,Arkansas,about as opposite as you can get from your domain.Flat as a pancake,delta land,no rocks. Deep,deep,dirt.Rivers,bayous,lakes everywhere.I Love anything to do outdoors.Marines,1971-1975.81mm mortar FO. I enjoy your posts,nice to read about country different from where I live.I love your tagline.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey David.Jim here. I remember your pics you posted,nice family you have. I have a daughter and a son,twin granddaughters and a grandson. I live in S.E,Arkansas,about as opposite as you can get from your domain.Flat as a pancake,delta land,no rocks. Deep,deep,dirt.Rivers,bayous,lakes everywhere.I Love anything to do outdoors.Marines,1971-1975.81mm mortar FO. I enjoy your posts,nice to read about country different from where I live.I love your tagline.
Thank you for your sacrifice. /service. Not wasted on me. My grandfather was a WW2 vet. Didn’t see combat (far as he told us anyway), but served none the less.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your sacrifice. /service. Not wasted on me. My grandfather was a WW2 vet. Didn’t see combat (far as he told us anyway), but served none the less.
All who serve sacrifice some.My Dad was a combat engineer,landed at Leyte and fought in that entire campaign.My Grandfather was a SeaBee,served on New Georgia and Vella Lavella islands.Both came home whole in mind and body.It runs in the family.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All who serve sacrifice some.My Dad was a combat engineer,landed at Leyte and fought in that entire campaign.My Grandfather was a SeaBee,served on New Georgia and Vella Lavella islands.Both came home whole in mind and body.It runs in the family.
I understand the sacrifice that’s why I didn’t say the traditional “thanks for your service”. I know people that served that didn’t see action that came back different. I’ll leave it at that. My gramps had a good experience except when EDIT: there was a drowning in a training exercise he was on. UNKNOWN HOW MANY DIED MAY HAVE ONLY BEEN ONE NOW THAT IVE RESEARCHED IT, but if affected him I remember. The was stateside.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in extreme SE Minnesota, the "Driftless" area, so it's steep carved valleys and ravines, most with streams and rivers flowing in them. Here's a couple old pictures of the very valley i lived in growing up (the church in the picture is still even standing, i used to mow the lawn there when i was younger). South facing slopes are often rocky or cedar covered, all other slopes are hardwood forest covered (oak, maple, black walnut, hickory etc). Fields are in the valleys and up on the ridge tops.

It's looks grey and dull in these old black and whites, but it's actually very green and very forested.

choice2.jpg
choice1.jpg

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in extreme SE Minnesota, the "Driftless" area, so it's steep carved valleys and ravines, most with streams and rivers flowing in them. Here's a couple old pictures of the very valley i lived in growing up (the church in the picture is still even standing, i used to mow the lawn there when i was younger). South facing slopes are often rocky or cedar covered, all other slopes are hardwood forest covered (oak, maple, black walnut, hickory etc). Fields are in the valleys and up on the ridge tops.

It's looks grey and dull in these old black and whites, but it's actually very green and very forested.

View attachment 2013593 View attachment 2013594
It will be a few weeks, but I’ll send you an old “family picture” that we found. Likely relatives, but confirmation is lost to the ages. You will likely appreciate it.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s because fires were not suppressed in the old days. I’ve found all the old photos look foreign compared to what things look like now days. Mainly there is so much more vegetation and trees now. That photo looks like it was taken a couple years after a fire.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s because fires were not suppressed in the old days. I’ve found all the old photos look foreign compared to what things look like now days. Mainly there is so much more vegetation and trees now. That photo looks like it was taken a couple years after a fire.
You are right about that, fires used to keep the south facing slopes clear with just prairie grass, now many are overgrown with scrub cedar. North facing slopes were always timber covered (unless purposely cleared). The DNR the past 20 years has started clearing and doing burns on the south facing slopes again to promote habitat for Timberback rattlesnakes and other creatures who inhabit them.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty clear you just love picking fights and take pleasure in trying to humiliate people.
I apologize, i do have a habit of getting overly aggressive in my posting. Ironically (and proof big tech is watching our posts...lol), this literally just showed up in my facebook feed to remind me to be a bit more humble:

dehumanize.jpg

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if your Grandfather was a Seabee during WWII you can't be all bad! (Just kidding brother!)

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that in 1994, an agreement was made between Russia, the Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States that if the Ukraine got rid of ALL Nuke weapons, then the other three would assure that the Ukraine would remain a independent nation. Well.....UK?...US?

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that in 1994, an agreement was made between Russia, the Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States that if the Ukraine got rid of ALL Nuke weapons, then the other three would assure that the Ukraine would remain a independent nation. Well.....UK?...US?
The treaty or agreement was never ratified or finalized in some manner is what I was hearing. Sound familiar?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances from 1994 was not a treaty and unfortunately, it does not contain the language or the stipulations that require a specific military response from the United States or other nations, nothing in it requires US or England to go to Ukraine's defense.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if your Grandfather was a Seabee during WWII you can't be all bad! (Just kidding brother!)
Understood:laughing7: When the war broke he tried to enlist everywhere else but he was too old.The Navy recruiter steered him to the SeaBees,which was a new concept at the time.He was a carpenter,a good one,and served on New Georgia and Vella LaVella building barracks and other buildings for the air elements sent there. Can,t find any thing but good to say about SeaBees brother,they make Marines lives easier.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread