Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I either just googled metal detecting or it was attached to a video on youtube.....I'm an old dude, I forget:tongue3:
Actually, a friend that used to detect a little bit gave me the link to Jeff of Pa's avatar find post here on TNet. I started reading a little here and there, got interested and read a lot more and here I am! So, I guess you can blame Jeff when my posts tick you off, lol.

Last edited:

Old as Dirt

May 19, 2013
Crest Hill, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 & Garrett Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking up if there was an ordinance in an area I was detecting, and for some odd reason......Treasurenet.com appeared in front of me........So......here I am, and I love this site. I found it very informative for being my first time here!! I want to thank anyone and everyone for posting such wonderful and awesome finds! It really inspires me to get out there and try to find something of worth.

HammerHead

Jun 5, 2013
Scotland, UK
Detector(s) used
Viking
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was going through treasure sites looking for like minded people and came across this site and I am really glad that I did, its fantastic.

johnsonconnie34

Greenie
Jun 8, 2013
Snow Camp NC
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was trying to find information on the quartz rocks and gold out in Snow Camp NC and found you guys.

EternalNoob

Jun 10, 2013
Cascadia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stumbled upon a CRH post on reddit that had a link to this forum. Now I'm contemplating getting a metal detector and visiting some of the ghost towns in these here parts. Maybe try some panning too. Y'all are a bad influence!

haircare

Jun 19, 2013
I went on google. Then I was looking for metal detecting clubs in Louisiana, this site had Acadiana in it.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned of this forum from another member, lordmarcovan, who I know from a coin collecting forum, Collectors Universe (aka, PCGS forums).

kenhollandjr

Jul 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Q. about my Tungsten ring. Just 'found' TN. Size is approx. 15 mm wide x 2 mm thick x 25 mm across. I haven't worn
a ring in 30 years. I like the simplicity and toughness of it. My friend gave it to me, says they found it. It didn't fit them. I'll wear
it forever. I am curious though, as to how much something like this would cost? I'll never sell it, just curious.

Last edited:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found you folks through a google search, something like "metal detecting clubs marietta georgia"

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did a google search and found this site..Like it because unlike some other sites.Nobody here makes fun of the detectors that you use.You just get good info and advice..

Jul 28, 2013
Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT, BH Lone Star, BH Discovery 1100, Bounty Hunter Junior, White's Bulleye II PP. Previous owner of BH QuickSilver and another BH Jr. Working my way up.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LINKS I was on detecting.com looking up information on Bounty Hunter and Fisher detectors.

pslyons

Aug 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am getting a medal detector for my birthday this month and I'm finding out information about what is hopefully going to be a very rewarding hobby. I found you through Google.

garrett250 76

Aug 19, 2013
Plattsburgh
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was searching up possible dig sites! While searching for people to dig with then I a came across this excellent site.

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
As an active Fenn Treasure hunter, I knew I had to familiarize myself with everything out there. I found every forum, every blog, and every flat page.

I have joined every forum but I have found that some forums are just to clicky, with everyone fighting everyone that isnt part of their little circle. Some just arent that busy. And some I just dont find that I fit in.

I have browsed TNet for years on occasion (while looking for the Rhodes mine for example) and everytime I come back here, I always find something good to read.

But now I have this disease. I think it is called Fennitus. And there is only one cure for it.

So I joined and am here in hopes of finding the cure of that which ails me.

-Mark-

creekratz

Aug 26, 2013
I to was searching for clubs or places to hunt when I also came across this site. I can't stop reading, love this site. A hello to all my diggers out there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread