How do I get "the most" out of my Eldorado ??

Lucky Jack

Jul 31, 2007
How do I get "the most" out of my Eldorado ??

OK, I've got an Eldorado that I bought second hand a couple of years ago and it finds plenty of targets (mostly pennies). But is there some way to get more out of it? It came with the original factory coil 9"?, would a bigger coil give me better clarity on targets or would a smaller coil be better? Any other tricks would be appreciated. I also find that I need to adjust the ground balance quite frequently in some areas, is this a common problem?
Thanks

SkiWhiz

Aug 6, 2006
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre
Re: How do I get "the most" out of my Eldorado ??

I have never owned or used the Eldorado but have owned/used many other Tesoro's (all great detectors). Getting a smaller coil would be a benefit if you are hunting in a trashy area, a smaller coil won't be "masked" as much. Getting a bigger coin might gain you alittle more depth but the stock coil (the one you have) is a great all around coil. As for the having to reset the ground balance often depends on the ground that you are hunting, my ground is pretty stable and I don't have to re-ground balance often, yours may be different. I might be wrong but I believe that ground balancing is over rated. I have had many factory set ground balance detectors that have done a great job. Steve.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

Practice, patience, persistence. Read the manual (especially the ground balance) and just practice with it. I just bought a Bandido II Umax with the manual ground balance and I'm still working at it. You will, more or less, be adjusting your ground balance every time you hunt (most likely, every time you turn your machine on), and during your hunt as well. Depending on where I'm detecting, I'm adjusting my ground balance at least two or three times depending on the changing soil for each particular area. Once you get your ground balancing down - you'll be amazed at what your machine is capable of doing. Don't get frustrated (sometimes it's hard not to), just keep practicing and you'll see the difference the better you get at it... :thumbsup:

SWATZO

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2008
Troy, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado

Thank you both for the tips! I wish there wasn't 14" of snow on the ground right now! it's also -7 degrees as well..
Best, Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread