A New Detector From Tesoro

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
With most of the other major companies coming out with new detectors (some having made many), when is Tesoro going to unveil a new model? I don't think Tesoro has come out with a new detector in about three years, those being the H.O.T. models. I think those models are great all around units, but a new TID detector to compete with the Minelabs and Fishers would be nice.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think Tesoro needs to come out with a new TID detector to compete. TID are a marketing ploy that some think is necessary to have fun. If you want to only dig dimes and up, your leaving many great targets in the ground for others to enjoy finding.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Here awhile back on the Tesoro forum,they admitted they were working on something but it would not be publicized until it had been proven with any and all tweaking finished.Could show up at anytime.No hints are to be given.But then again,they said they were always doing research and development.

OP
OP
S

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Well I've owned 'em all, and when Tesoro comes out with a new machine, you can bet that all the bugs will be worked out before it hits the market.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen to Tesoro having all the bugs worked out before they bring anything to market. All the manufactures say they are doing ressearch and developement and not wanting to tip their hand.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Amen to Tesoro having all the bugs worked out before they bring anything to market. All the manufactures say they are doing ressearch and developement and not wanting to tip their hand.

They're probably waiting to see what Tesoro comes out with. Like they did with using plastic for the housing, mini-housings, slow sweep discrimination, etc. :icon_pirat: ::)

Not prejudiced; just convinced. ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
S

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Other manufacturers are not waiting to see what Tesoro comes out with, because all other detector companies are actively producing new models. Tesoro, and maybe Garrett are the only companies who haven't come out with anything for a while.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shenandoah Digger said:
Other manufacturers are not waiting to see what Tesoro comes out with, because all other detector companies are actively producing new models. Tesoro, and maybe Garrett are the only companies who haven't come out with anything for a while.

I honestly think that they are repackaging and tweaking existing designs.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather see a new Vaquero with tone ID like the Golden. That would be a winner even without TID.

Dan

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
I don't think Tesoro needs to come out with a new TID detector to compete. TID are a marketing ploy that some think is necessary to have fun. If you want to only dig dimes and up, your leaving many great targets in the ground for others to enjoy finding.
this

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dan B said:
I would rather see a new Vaquero with tone ID like the Golden. That would be a winner even without TID.

Dan

I think the tone ID would be nice on the Vaquero, at least get rid of that stock low tone in favor of the high tone only. On the Lobo Super Traq I would like to see a manual ground balance option along with the auto tracking.

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im in the market to buy a new tesoro so if they have a new machine comming out ill wait for a while

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The.Boomer said:
Sheesh guys, how do you improve on perfection ? ;D :D :wink:

;D ;D :thumbsup: Excellent point.

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro's are like a great seafood Buffet. I keep coming back for more.

Tesoro Forever! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its true on perfection. but i want a holy grail detector from tesoro. i want a machine that will flex itself when i turn it on..

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
I've been reading reviews from all of the different brands and makes. I am choosing the Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ as my first MD. Site after site, review after review all point straight at me. Now I just need to save the $639.00 to buy one. I am a prospector who wants to do some coin hunting as well. I have read the ST can find a coin with a rusty nail 3" from it. I was going to choose the Whites MXT, another great MD, but the price and rave reviews of the ST are more appealing. Congrats to those who already have their own :thumbsup:

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
If they come out with a new model, it should definitely have tone ID and at least a display that shows a numeric value of conductivity. But please try to keep the weight to a minimun.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Even without the display, the tones may be nice. You don't need the display once you learn your detector and it only adds to the cost. Maybe a 2 or 3 tone machine, thats all you need. One for iron and one or two above iron. Anything more than that and it gets confusing. They have great detectors as is anyway. I have recently bought 3 myself and am currently selling my DFX.

As long as they keep building quality machines with their great warranty and service, how can you go wrong. The fancy detectors don't do much for you if you cannot understand them. Thats my 2 cents. :occasion14:

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
John (Ma) said:
Even without the display, the tones may be nice. You don't need the display once you learn your detector and it only adds to the cost. Maybe a 2 or 3 tone machine, thats all you need. One for iron and one or two above iron. Anything more than that and it gets confusing. They have great detectors as is anyway. I have recently bought 3 myself and am currently selling my DFX.

As long as they keep building quality machines with their great warranty and service, how can you go wrong. The fancy detectors don't do much for you if you cannot understand them. Thats my 2 cents. :occasion14:

Amen... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread