How do you find rings with Tracker IV

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
What mode do you use. Cuz i use tone mode and turn my sensitivity high and discrimination to the 3:00 mode to find pennys, nickles, dimes, and Quarters. I am wondering what mode do you use to find some rings. I am going to the beach this weekend and this would be a helpfull thing to know. ;D Thanks guys. Please answer my Question greatly apprieciated!

I would think where you find the foil/nickel beeps is where your gold rings would be. So goes the saying "dig everything".

Good luck!

Chris

If you're not finding nickels and pulltabs you won't find gold rings. Silver rings usually are in the general coin range. Only discriminating iron is your best bet. You will dig a lot of trash when hunting for gold rings.

HH!
TBGO

freak, I dont have a tracker 4, but what you need to do is set your disc to where it takes out iron, you will dig a lot of trash like beep says buy this is the way to find the rings
hh
dave+bobbie

Like the others have said, if your discriminating out pulltabs and foil, you are not hearing the rings. Make sure you over lap your swings and keep the coil level to the ground so as to not miss any ground. Then you just have to put your coil over it.

Good Luck.

Sandman

I HAVE A TRACKER 4. THE FACTORY SAID SET IT AT LOW DISCRIM @ ON TONE. WHEN YOU HIT TRASH IT WILL BE ERATIC TONE. SO I TRIED IT AND IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM. GOOD LUCK. CHUCK IN OREGON.

I have one and I just set it to find everything but iron and steel. So just turn it do disc more and turn the discrimination all the way down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back