How Does Nox 800 Compare To Pulse Induction On Beach

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Deep. I believe the 800 would be perfect for you coming from a pi detector. Depending on how deep in the water you intend to go. Good Luck!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rustygold is right, for wet sand and very shallow water the 800 will do the trick. For waist deep (considering waves), I'd use a PI machine. Just depends on what you want to do.

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shallow water...

Please define what is shallow water? How deep of water can you use the 800?

Aren't the headphones waterproof also?

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both the 600 and 800 are waterproof to 3m/10 feet. The wireless headphones that come with the 800 are not waterproof.

OP
OP
Deep1

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your replies, I was looking for an answer to a question I didn't ask.
I wasn't even close.
What I should have asked:
What I'm trying to figure out is, how the 800 compares in depth to a PI detector on a wet beach and shallow wading.
If you had a good PI and an 800, what would you use?
I've never seen a VLF as deep as a PI on a salt water beach, but I've not gone behind the newer multi frequency detectors.

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the equinox on the wet sand but I would prefer a pi in the water. Lots of people have that the equinox is great in the water and it's good but not amazing. The equinox wants to be swung fast to give you good clear responses. It will indicate a target fine, but then you gotta double check and it can be frustrating not knowing if it's falsing or you are just not being told very well you're over a target by the machine.

It is a killer on the wet sand, I still prefer a pi or an excal if I had one for the water. It does not give the best responses if not moved quickly, and there is too much drag in the water to make it move the speed where it really shines.

There will be others that say it's fine but that is my opinion. I still haven't had the machine for extremely long but I've put a ton of hours onto it since I've gotten it.

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the equinox on the wet sand but I would prefer a pi in the water. Lots of people have that the equinox is great in the water and it's good but not amazing. The equinox wants to be swung fast to give you good clear responses. It will indicate a target fine, but then you gotta double check and it can be frustrating not knowing if it's falsing or you are just not being told very well you're over a target by the machine.

It is a killer on the wet sand, I still prefer a pi or an excal if I had one for the water. It does not give the best responses if not moved quickly, and there is too much drag in the water to make it move the speed where it really shines.

There will be others that say it's fine but that is my opinion. I still haven't had the machine for extremely long but I've put a ton of hours onto it since I've gotten it.

What recovery speed were you running in the water?

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What recovery speed were you running in the water?
6 but I've also tried 4. It also gives me a ton of <10 signals more so the lower half below 5. I'd really like to get it to work, especially with the larger coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread