How far do you drive to detect?

On the average,how many miles a month do you drive while out detecting ?

• 50-100 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100-200 miles

• 200 miles plus

• Total voters

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to do alot of Driving.
these days the Closer to home the Better
So right now, Less then 50 a trip.
Except when I get carried away and do some Touring for sites.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Like me the touring part can get to be expensive. One afternoon it was 175 mi and didn't even pull out the detector. :-[ But did find some real good spots, just have to check with the landowners next.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys sound like me,with the touring.The wife thinks we go out of town for a little sightseeing.LOL,I do it to look for prospective detecting sites.Metal detector always with me just in case.I think she knows what the real deal is.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now, I get about 4 hours per week to detect :( so I try to detect as close to home as possible. I've been working tear downs about 10 minutes away from my house. I want to spend as little time in the car as I can. In a couple of weeks I'll start heading out to the beach again. That will up my drive time to about 25 minutes. That's not too bad, considering I'll get about 8-10 hours on the beach.

R

rvbvetter

Sometimes, not nearly far enough, apparently, by the lack of results.
Speaking for myself, if I make just one cool find. An old coin , token or relic.
How many miles I went to find it, just doesn't matter anymore.
Call me crazy if you want. Everybody that knows me, either says I am or thinks it.
UH OH! Gotta go! Here comes that guy with the net again. HH

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually within 50 miles, but sometimes get to driving a bit! :D

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Working up a detecting vacation for July now. 1800 miles each way with a 980 mile side trip. One month (give or take) 4600 miles plus a few day excursions.
Best place for detecting around here about 45-50 miles away.

grizzly bare

S

stefen

Sometime soon, we plan to fly 650 miles north then drive another 30 or so miles to investigate the purchase of a Historic Victorian Mansion converted into a B & B.

While there, we plan a side trip to an extremely remote beach where there is an unrecorded Spanish ship wreck that went down after 1809.

Over the years silver and gold coins dating from 1802 to 1809 have been found.

How remote?

Another 30 miles south on a freeway, then 30 to 40 miles on farm roads, and then 5 or so miles on a seasonal dirt 4 X 4 roller coaster path, in an area that experiences 300 inches annual rainfall, to a rocky beach thats known to have periodic rouge (sunami-like) waves because of the continual active earthquakes.

Thats how remote!

Been there before and looking forward to this trip.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Depends what beach I go to. Locally about 15 minutes,South Beach about 30 min., and sometimes Ft. Lauderdale about 20 Min.

Dig, You know long it takes to get to these places. Need to hit them more!!

HH 8) surfrat

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
surfrat96 said:
Depends what beach I go to. Locally about 15 minutes,South Beach about 30 min., and sometimes Ft. Lauderdale about 20 Min.

Dig, You know long it takes to get to these places. Need to hit them more!!

HH 8) surfrat
Yeah,I know.All I ever find is clad and jewelry(rarely) and junk and i'm more into history and relics from bygone eras.I can only handle the beach for a couple hours,my fair skin can't handle it for too long.That and the wife likes to go out of town on weekends so, you know what I mean.I agree though,I do need to do more beach hunting.I wonder if there's a shady beach around?LOL :).I wonder if anyone detected Lauderdale after the air show last weekend? ps-STEFEN,SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME,HOPE YOU HAVE A LOT OF FUN.GRIZZLY-i LOVE DETECTING VACATIONS.

Z

ZumbroKid

Research is very important now with high gas prices. When in Wisconsin i never had to drive more than a couple of miles. I'd love to help save everyone some gas money, check out the 50,000 treasure sites for all over on treasure quest. Just give you county name and state, i'll post back some interesting locations for finding old stuff.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FREE said:
Research is very important now with high gas prices. When in Wisconsin i never had to drive more than a couple of miles. I'd love to help save everyone some gas money, check out the 50,000 treasure sites for all over on treasure quest. Just give you county name and state, i'll post back some interesting locations for finding old stuff.
You tried that here http://www.forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic.29228.0.html,then when Bigticket(whom by the way is an obvious flamer look at his posts, and who some say is actually you,I didn't say it) gave you a little flack you basically told everyone on this forum that you were too busy.Then right away your on treasurequestxlt still answering thier questions all along.I think you have some type of personality disorder and you act a little juvenile when someone doesn't tell you how great you (think) are,by posting certain things the way you do(such as this).Always tryng to "get someone's goat".You know,in a nonchalant,sneaky,underhanded kind of way that only someone with a mental disorder would conceive,or contrive.You seem to have a need to be the center of attention.Are you crying out for attention? I'm sorry.Don't worry,I won't use the ignore user button on ya.I like ya in a strange kind of way.I respect your detecting abilities and like to see your finds.Your obviously not stupid,quite the contrary.If you lived nearby,i'd buy you a drink(if I drank).If you prefer to give out your treasure atlas information at that other site that's your prerogative.If the moderators of this forum don't mind you trying to sway people away from here,who am I to argue? BTW-I enjoy getting out of town,if that's where my research leads me.Besides,at the end of the year it's all just a business expense. ??? ::) :o .Looking forward to many more of your posts.Good luck and H.H.-diggummup

Z

ZumbroKid

Interesting you are a member there also, so how am i trying to sway folks. I know of no members here with a contract to only post on tnet. Buy me a drink, if you drank, i do not drink either! Could we both be in a dry drunk?

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FREE said:
Interesting you are a member there also, so how am i trying to sway folks. I know of no members here with a contract to only post on tnet. Buy me a drink, if you drank, i do not drink either! Could we both be in a dry drunk?
Never was a drunk so I wouldn't know.No contracts,just wondering why you quit answering the thread here,which was informative.And here as of late,you've been posting thier link all over for it,that's all.

Z

ZumbroKid

Which thread the 50,000 treasure sites one? If that is the one you mean, it was due to interuptions. I believe i posted on that thread who anyone interested could thank for that. I have given Hollowpoint some sites to hunt. I could restart it for those who are in favor. Or for simplicity they can ask over on the other site.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,no problem.So how far do you drive in Montana to detect? Nahabit-how much is petro in Russia?

Z

ZumbroKid

I drive very little to detect here. I have found that several locals offer to drive me around to get to hunt with me. Folks is real nice out here.

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
diggummup said:
Okay,no problem.So how far do you drive in Montana to detect? Nahabit-how much is petro in Russia?

1liter petrolium = 0.4-0.6dollar (16-19rubles)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread