S

stefen

I've seen several UFO's...and I don't mean Unidentified Flying Objects. ;D

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
snake35, I don't drink booze or do drugs! But I've seen about 5 yr's ago a oval U.F.O. fly over me. Bright metal, 35 foot long and no sound. Going around 160 mile an hour straight south.????
And my son last yr. saw one going north that was as long as an airliner. No wings or windows, no sound. The man with him took a quick look at it also but turn away and was afraid to look anymore at it.
My wife also saw one about 30 yr's ago as large as 2 football fields in air over a woods from her car as she was coming home. 2 other cars were already stopped by the highway, with people outside them looking at the U.F.O.. She didn't stop. But put the foot to the metal and came on home and told me about it. And to think, something that large and we never heard anyone talking about it? Or any write up in the papers?
Know do you want to talk about ghosties, or Bigfoot? I could tell you a couple of stories about them too. But thats another story.

S

stefen

Monk,

Try making a hat out of aluminum foil...maybe with a large brim for sun shade!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since U.F.O. Stands for "Unidentified" Flying Object,
I have to say yes.
Because I wasn't able to identify them when I saw them.

R

rvbvetter

Living near San Francisco and going to the wharf occasionally. I have seen some Ugly Fat Oysters. But so far, not an alien space craft. HH

P

possum

In the 60's I saw a light in the sky. It moved in straight lines but made 90 degree turns and stayed in the sky-at a great distance. We watched it for about 20 min. until we lost interest in it. The only reason we saw it was an announcment on the radio telling people to go outside and watch for it. This was about 9 or 10 in the evening. Seems like almost everybody in town saw it. I heard later that it was swamp gas - and this was in the mountains of TN.

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Clayton,
I thought you might like this.

Some teachers from Ervinton High were taking a class one summer at Clinch Valley College (before it became UVa Wise) They had a huge party one night, got drunk as dogs, and missed an important test the next day. They concocted a UFO story to explain their absence from the dorm and from the test. Some folks from the Air Force showed up, questioned the "witnesses", took soil samples from the alleged landing site, and left.
Two days later a couple of guys with crew cuts, black suits and black raincoats showed up at the college and discreetly took over a room in the Admin building and questioned everyone they could think of. By this time the teachers from EHS were worried about lying to the authorities, but they had too much invested in the lies.
The truth never came out, but there were no UFOs, no little green men, no abductions or probes. Just some good old Southern Appalachian drunks!

grizzly bare
Jim Johnson
ps
No I wasn't one of those teachers, I was still a student at UVa Charlottesville, but I personally knew all the principals involved and have heard them laugh about it several times.
Wait! Now that has jogged my memory! Some of the teachers were from Haysi and Clintwood also.
grizzly

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
I've seen a LOT of UFOs, but, unfortunately, have probably not seen an alien spacecraft.
"The irrefutable evidence of the existence of intelligent alien life is the fact that they have NOT tried to contact us." -Douglas Adams

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Had to say yes. Not because I believe in intelligent alien life forms, but because twice in the same day I had seen objects in the sky that I could not identify.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grizzly bare said:
Clayton,
I thought you might like this.

Some teachers from Ervinton High were taking a class one summer at Clinch Valley College (before it became UVa Wise) They had a huge party one night, got drunk as dogs, and missed an important test the next day. They concocted a UFO story to explain their absence from the dorm and from the test. Some folks from the Air Force showed up, questioned the "witnesses", took soil samples from the alleged landing site, and left.
Two days later a couple of guys with crew cuts, black suits and black raincoats showed up at the college and discreetly took over a room in the Admin building and questioned everyone they could think of. By this time the teachers from EHS were worried about lying to the authorities, but they had too much invested in the lies.
The truth never came out, but there were no UFOs, no little green men, no abductions or probes. Just some good old Southern Appalachian drunks!

grizzly bare
Jim Johnson
ps
No I wasn't one of those teachers, I was still a student at UVa Charlottesville, but I personally knew all the principals involved and have heard them laugh about it several times.
Wait! Now that has jogged my memory! Some of the teachers were from Haysi and Clintwood also.
grizzly

Maybe a put on story but the "MIB" did show up....interesting huh. I haven't seen an actual "UFO" but through the years I've worked some pretty isolated areas and have seen some strange things. There are areas, right here in the good old USA that unusual things seem to happen on a regular basis. If you're into researching ancient legends (not just TH legends) you'll find them. Remember, "all legends have a basis in fact somewhere".

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
When I was 16,I saw a Saucer shaped craft under a netting in a remote area of the Saratoga Battlefield. I was 150+- yards away and could'nt get to it because of a stream that was between me and it. It was early winter and I didn't want to get wet. I always regretted my decison.

OP
OP
S

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
I thought this thread had died. I am glad it did not. We as treasure seekers spend alot of times in remote areas we aree bound to see some strange stuff.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't but I sure want to see one. We can't be the ONLY living beings in this massive universe.

Hillbilly bread

Feb 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT , Coin Master & my nose<><
As for what people say they see as far as UFO. If it is not man made it is Democrat oops I mean Demonic. SAS<><

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005
De Pere/Green Bay Wisconsin
U.F.O.'s in the voting booth section......
<whew>
at first I thought it was a poll asking if we should allow non-terrestrial (illegal?) aliens the ability to vote. I would have suggested the post be moved to politics or personal rants.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread