How far is too far in matters of the heart? (pics)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Gopher,

I wrote my current wife a year before I decided I wanted to meet her in person and have our first true date. For that date I had to fly 24 hours in the air, total of 8500 miles from St Louis to Cebu Philippines......We have been married for 13 years now...Your practically next door neighbors, 90 miles is nothing if it means finding true love...Go for it...
St. Louis, huh? She lives in Columbia, I'm in St. Charles County.
(and she's a nurse!)

I lived in Columbia Mo for 19 years.....My kids still live there....I was living in Columbia when I went to meet my future wife, I had to drive to St louis, catch a plane to Los Angeles Ca, another plane from LA to Manila, then one more plane from Manila to Cebu Philippines...

With I-70 running straight between St Louis and Columbia it is an easy drive....I worked in St louis while living in Columbia for 3 years, drove up on Mondays, home on Wed nights, back to St Louis on Thursday and back home on Friday........I wouldn't let the drive or distance stop me if I was you....Why spend the rest of your life wondering "what if?"

Check out my profile, you will see my trip was well worth it...........

Good luck... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly will! Our first date was at the Kingdom City Dennys!
DAAAAAAANG!! You were right!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best relationships I ever had was a long distance relationship. We were both interested in doing the same things, got together quite a bit, camping, hiking, fishing, etc., Best I can tell you is go with the flow, realize the distance between you, enjoy the time together, have as many good times as you can. If it works out, great! And if not, it was worth a lot more then just wasted time. Live while you can and be happy whenever you can, because it can all go away in a heartbeat. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are so smart! Gotta go easy right now, she just learned that prima donna Randy Moss was released :laughing9:
She's a Vikings fan ::)

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
texastee2007 said:
If something is worth love...it should know no bounds if you have a meeting of hearts and both are willing to give 100% 100%....if it isn't worth it now..what would it be later when things might go a little tough? This is YOUR life and YOU have to decide what your priorities are and WHAT too much is or isn't....we are but voyeurs looking into your life....we have nothing to win or loose for you....WHAT WILL MAKE YOU AND HER HAPPY?

Right on texastee !!

Dude , she is obviously into you . A trip to Heaven every week and a half beats what your'e going thru now . This could be the one you have fun growing old with . True love always finds a way .

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wild as I used to be, I will ask you if she has a good heart. Got divorced in 95 and swore I'd never get married again, but a lady with a good heart snagged me 10 years later. My wife's pretty too, but looks never were high on my priority list. Go for it dude.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Re: How far is too far in matters of the heart?

spartacus53 said:
It's not that funny Vibes.. Think of it 90 minutes is a 2 hour drive on a good day, forget about the bad days. Coupled with limited visitation of every other week, she is barely a hobby. ;D I just don't have the patience for that like some. By the time I got there, I would want to take a nap :tongue3: I could also envision scheduling a date with her and by the time I got there she wasn't ready, or worse yet, found another mate living closer :laughing7:

90 minutes is a 90 minute drive..or was when i went to school mate? :icon_scratch: :tongue3:

My circumstances allowed me to move from the UK to Sweden to be with my long distance love. Saying this though i'll admit to being a sceptic. I'll keep my mouth (fingers?) shut on this score and just say that 90 miles is NOTHING..especially if you drive! I'd cycle that far for her! :laughing9:

(Nurses are HOT...i've seen the movies! :tongue3: )

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I mention she owns a Bayliner? :headbang:
Still pinching myself.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Wild as I used to be, I will ask you if she has a good heart. Got divorced in 95 and swore I'd never get married again, but a lady with a good heart snagged me 10 years later. My wife's pretty too, but looks never were high on my priority list. Go for it dude.

RGINN

Your avitar, is it "Pasquinel"?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: How far is too far in matters of the heart?

Dano Sverige said:
90 minutes is a 90 minute drive..or was when i went to school mate? :icon_scratch: :tongue3:

Got me again clowny :tongue3: I meant 90 miles is at least 2 hours. Heck, even driving at 180 mph would take you 45 minutes, still too much time for me.

GopherdaGOld, that Bayliner is a money pit.. If you think times are tight now wait until you have to support a boat as well as a woman. :laughing7: You know I only jest, but I am making some valid points there :icon_thumleft:

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
oh boys ,done that for 2 years and it was only 1 hour away.Was alright at first but it wore me down,I was always alone.Now my NEW rule of thumb is 25 miles max! And she better have her own home to boot ;D

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
well is there any good spot to detect in her area, you know kill two birds with one stone kinda thing.
heck if there is good spots half way you got it made.
Then again maybe she thinks you got lots of gold being a metal detectorest :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of areas to detect in Columbia area....Boonville Missouri is an old riverport town, Rocheport Mo, is another very old area....Lot of old abandon home sites down old county roads, and most people are very friendly if you stop and talk to them.....

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are literally hundreds of abandoned home sites along that stretch of I-70, many being tree groves where houses once stood.
How in the world did this turn into a detecting post? :D

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
You've got you a good one Ken... She sounds sweet, and she is super super cute =)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
me and my wife (my second aka my "good"wife-- mary ann) dated for 3 years before we married * she was a virgin when we met and still was till the wedding night -- i respected her for that .---we have been happily married for 13 years now == she knows all my ugly past secerts and honestly doesn't care --she says -BMA -- before mary ann (ie what you did in the past before we met doesn't matter to me --its only what you do after we got together that counts)

trust me on this matter ---the right soul mate --- is a true treasure that mere money gold ,silver and gems can not compete with

there is many a rich man that wishes he could find a "true love" that would really honestly care for him -- a true soul mate makes you feel loved and "complete" and takes care of you and looks out for you --their quite rare and very special.

oldcoon

Jul 10, 2010
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
90 miles?
No way would I drive that far to date any female.
Get yourself a cat or ferret or something if you
seek companionship.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread