How far is too far in matters of the heart? (pics)

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since getting divorced in 2008 I have been out of the loop with the dating/romance scene. Oh, I've met and dated a couple ladies but for one reason or another it never worked out. Most of the time it was them that apparently didn't like what they saw and never contacted me again, :D
I recently met a fantastic, beautiful, sexy lady with a smoking hot figure and for some odd reason likes me as well. We have met twice and both times were amazing! (no hanky-panky yet ya pervs :D ) If you have ever seen the 'College in PJ's' commercial, she is a dead ringer (plus a few years) for the actress in the commercial.
The problem is that she lives about 90 miles away and I am a man of very modest means and on a strict budget.
My question is concerning the miles between us. Do long distance relationships work? Would this even qualify as a long distance relationship? Because of our work schedules, we would get to see each other only every other weekend but that's ok with me as long as we make the most of the time we have when we are together.
I don't want to blow this one!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Re: How far is too far in matters of the heart?

Sounds like you have a good situation with a bad side note, the 90Mi. There is an old saying,"Love overcomes all obstacles". By the way, the hanky-panky starts after the 3rd date, or when she invites you over for supper at her place.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

She cooked me supper on the second date then we cuddled on the living room floor watching horror flicks ;D

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

You missed the cue.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hope not. You see, while there was no hanky-panky, there WAS some, let's say 'heavy' cuddling going on so I called her an hour ago to find out if I had gotten out of line. She said I was a perfect gentleman but that SHE was closer to the danger zone than I was.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

90mi!That's no hurdle.I've commuted that far before.Once in awhile,pick a cool place to meet halfway.You're either very interested or not.Make up your mind!

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

warsawdaddy said:
90mi!That's no hurdle.I've commuted that far before.Once in awhile,pick a cool place to meet halfway.You're either very interested or not.Make up your mind!
Pretty sure I didn't imply that I wasn't interested.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

90 is a pretty long distance and it leaves out a spontaneous date. Even meeting 1/2 way you have an hours drive ahead of you. I even hate driving more than 20 minutes to date, anything over that and I might just find something else to do along the way :tongue3:

Bottom line, 90 miles is a pen pal :laughing9:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

spartacus53 said:
90 is a pretty long distance and it leaves out a spontaneous date. Even meeting 1/2 way you have an hours drive ahead of you. I even hate driving more than 20 minutes to date, anything over that and I might just find something else to do along the way :tongue3:

Bottom line, 90 miles is a pen pal :laughing9:

LOL @ Spart :laughing7:

In all honesty, only you know the answer to your question. It's there deep down in your heart...and I think you'll have a fun time figuring it out!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's not that funny Vibes.. Think of it 90 minutes is a 2 hour drive on a good day, forget about the bad days. Coupled with limited visitation of every other week, she is barely a hobby. ;D I just don't have the patience for that like some. By the time I got there, I would want to take a nap :tongue3: I could also envision scheduling a date with her and by the time I got there she wasn't ready, or worse yet, found another mate living closer :laughing7:

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:D @ Spart! Good points but I'm gonna have to give this a shot. It's a straight line on a 70 MPH highway so only about 75 minute drive.

Did I mention she is smokin' hot?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GopherDaGold said:
Did I mention she is smokin' hot?

Yes you did mention that, but I'm just trying to figure out where you live since the only hot lady is 90 miles away :dontknow: :tongue3: I do give you credit for trying, I would have spent my time locally stalking other hotties. After all, what's one more restraining order going to do. Soon I'll have ten, then I can run for public office :laughing7:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Agreed, that is a long way to drive. But... I wouldn't throw it away too soon. If your feelings are strong enough
for each other to stay true to each other for a while, between the two of you you can come up with some
concessions that will work. If either or both of you are christians, pray about it. If it is to be, things will
work out. If not you will know it. Just give it a little time to find out until you know,

Wishing you all the best.

Ray

George (MN)

May 16, 2005

The smartest advice columnist I know of is Carolyn Hax (Harvard). She has newspaper column 3-4 times a week in at least 100 newspapers. If you don't get 1 of those newspapers, you can find her on Washington Post website. She considers all possible actions & possible results. She won't decide for you but often can help. Best wishes, George (MN)

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Spart, as usual you are killin' me but I think the local ladies have found me to be unacceptable :D

Vibes, thank you and sorry for being a jerk to you in other threads and PM's.

Everyone else, thanks as well. I'm going forward on this one.

Here she is: (a bit grainy but you get the idea)

Attachments

• Connie.jpg
    Connie.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 401
  • Connie 2.jpg
    Connie 2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 399

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
well if you have the money to spend on gas then go for it. personally I think anything more than about 30 miles is too far.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gopher,

I wrote my current wife a year before I decided I wanted to meet her in person and have our first true date. For that date I had to fly 24 hours in the air, total of 8500 miles from St Louis to Cebu Philippines......We have been married for 13 years now...Your practically next door neighbors, 90 miles is nothing if it means finding true love...Go for it...

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Gopher,

I wrote my current wife a year before I decided I wanted to meet her in person and have our first true date. For that date I had to fly 24 hours in the air, total of 8500 miles from St Louis to Cebu Philippines......We have been married for 13 years now...Your practically next door neighbors, 90 miles is nothing if it means finding true love...Go for it...
St. Louis, huh? She lives in Columbia, I'm in St. Charles County.
(and she's a nurse!)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cntrydncr1 said:
well if you have the money to spend on gas then go for it. personally I think anything more than about 30 miles is too far.

You are generous, 30 city blocks is even a great drive for me. Well GopherdaGold, good luck!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold ------->>> GopherDaBabe ;D :thumbsup:

You won't know if you don't try and you'll always wonder what could have been.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread