Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I stated before I sell almost every thing I bring home.The trick for me is to maximise value.A couple pieces of advice...dont scrap gold or silver.sell it as is.Dont put a set price on anything.Research what you have before you sell it.

For the second time I just had a roadside sale.Two tables with containers of finds.The real jewelry is easy to sell,silver rings avg. 10 bucks.(scrap is almost nothing on silver rings)3 gold rings brought 90% and more gold value.One mens signet 10 k old ring was ingraved MC.well a guy had to have it...his name was mike c.offered 2x gold value and was really happy.The story behind how it was found seemed as important as the acid test.

The oddball stuff sells too.A lady who makes arts and crafts bought a coffee can full of broken and complete junk jewelry for 10 bucks.A fellow who makes rustic bird houses bought all the square nails and little iron oddballs...15 bucks and his phone # for future sales.

A box of appox.30 spoons forks etc...10 bucks.A box of hotwheels,marble and other toys..10 bucks.Horseshoes,iron pieces,badges all sold and most for purposes I wouldndt have guessed.Let the folks offer what they want to pay,it is often more than you would have asked.have a scale and test kit on hand.I had a sign on my car that said annual metal detector finds sale...they loved it.

My most valuable finds are still with me as I save them for a rainy day...but all the rest just got my wife a new machine..she doesnt know yet.at pro for the hunny,she loves her f2 but I think I can get her to switch...gently.

sale..$395.00
clad..$260.00
kept appox.$700.00 in high grade jewelry and coinage including 1908 s ihc in great condition.

2014 was great...2015 will be greater.Stuff is hard to find,get the most for it you can!
:headbang:

Machinist

Dec 19, 2014
Vancouver, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X1 Probe, 11" DD coil, & 10x5" SEF coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great tip! Thanks for sharing it :hello2:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good ideas Bigfoot, I may start doing that with my rings too as I have always just scrapped them, and might try more creative ways to get rid of all the weird stuff I dig too.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Let the folks offer what they want". I offer $10 for the 1908s Indian. ;)
Seriously though, great ideas. Especially with the silver rings. I have quite a few in beautiful condition, some with semi precious stones. Melt value would be next to nothing.
Hope your gal loves her ATP.
Best of luck in 2015!
Peace ✌

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Bigfoot1,

What a novel way of supporting the cost of a new machine.

Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread