old Detector went to the graveyard but got a new one for X-mas - 1st Real Hunt?

Benbuck6

Jan 11, 2008
GREENVILLE, MS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 350 GTA
So, I played around in the parks and high traffic areas with my old detector. A few years have gone by since then and when my wife asked me what to get me (I never tell her anything), this year I said a MD...and I missed just getting out. I have thought about where I would go and why would I go for 2 years now. I would stay away from the city parks and such since I most enjoy MDing when undisturbed. So, country roads and solitude are what I am looking for. living where I do I can make that happen, I have the chance to MD places like this place2.jpg . That's Ole Man River, the sandbar at the top is at the end of huge bend in the river coming downstream and right before it reached an old MS River Bridge recently replaced. The old bridge was struck MANY times a year as lining up coming out of the bend was a difficult task. The sandbar on right is right downstream from the bridge...and further downstream about 8 miles is another large sandbar in the country with limited access. If I have any resolution for the new year its to explore the areas I can along the river and gain access to some old farm sites that my gut tells me there were structures on years ago. Hoping to get out New Years Day to see what I can find...

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
keep us posted and welcome back !!!!

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never know what that sand bar holds. GL & HH.

OP
OP
Benbuck6

Benbuck6

Jan 11, 2008
GREENVILLE, MS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 350 GTA
places30.jpg That's the 30 mile google view from our home town. Not a lot of pre Civil War History but there are Indian Mounds everywhere and Mastadon bones have been found on these sand bars. Also, no telling who and what have been up and down that river over the years. And we also have access to hunting lands my wife's dad owns that has river running through it...3 places, each large tracts of land. Smaller Rivers...really want to get a canoe in the spring in there and just see whats interesting

Last edited:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of detector did you get to replace the dead one?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread