Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it all depends on a few different factors, foot traffic, weather , local events, school in session or not , if it is a rarely used lot or a popular lot.
all of these factors decide there isnt really a set date or time span for every park.

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I know the answer so I just wanted to ask... Living just a lil n. of Orlando there are not many campgrounds and such... I am hoping to find some good lakes to hunt for the times I can't drive to the beach...

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And all I have to say is " how much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?".... In a tot lot. Just saying. :D

As for your question, I don't know

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've heard that, on the beach, 1 in 100,000 people drop gold...you could use this as a ballpark figure that, along with park attendance records/analysis could give you an idea how long it might take.

Coins replenish quickly, but the goodies can take some time. Plus, sometimes others may be hunting the site unbeknownst to you which would make any calculations meaningless. I've hit some high traffic areas dozens and dozens of times (like volleyball courts)...99% of the time there's nothing, but every once in a while something decent pops up.

Once you've hit an area like a tot-lot over the span of a year or two you will get a feel for what to expect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread