How long?

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
This might sound like a stupid question however. The front of my property is a field about 3/4 of an acre, the
only time I go up there is to cut the grass the rest is all woods. I just starting checking the field today. My question is, about how long should you spend in a field this size. Because its my property I can take forever if I want, but I went to the fair gorunds this past sunday, a fairly large place. How long do you guys who check farm land and fair grounds stay there?

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hit every square inch of it just to satisfy my curiousity that some good stuff might be there. Thats just me though. Im usally very thorough when detecting and move slow listening for faint signals or threshold breaks. Hit it till you are satisfied there is nothing there and move on, as its really up to you. 8)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
True_Metal said:
I would hit every square inch of it just to satisfy my curiousity that some good stuff might be there.

I would have to agree with True_metal... My yard is not all that big, but the house has been here since 1912. I have been over & over it several times, and always seem to find something new. I usually hunt my own yard late in the evenings after it's getting too dark to go some place else. There is a lot of old junk, such as car parts, old nails, and so on, but someday I know I will hit another goodie...

Good luck & Happy Hunting~

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
While I anticipate to hit something worthwhile eventually in my own yard besides junk, I'll be happy when I can go out there and get no more hits........hence, I've finally got my yard cleaned up, all the coins/relics put up and all the junk in the trash can.

OP
OP
B

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
Thanks for info guys, I finally got around to planting my coin garden, I did find a beer can today around eight inches down, I thought that was kind of deep for something that size. I'll just keep at it, who knows maybe my garden will bloom. HH Bob.B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread