dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Facebook is a disgusting website. It is a source for broken marriages, child abductions, information for thrives and child molesters...I don't see how they even have a prayer of matching eBay, however eBay does need a serious competitor...

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Facebook is a disgusting website. It is a source for broken marriages, child abductions, information for thrives and child molesters...I don't see how they even have a prayer of matching eBay, however eBay does need a serious competitor...

That is the truth i never did or ever will use Facebook..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the fact Facebook has approx 1.35 billion active monthly users world wide they have the membership to do so.

People can hate FB all they want but it isn't going to fade away anytime soon.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Considering the fact Facebook has approx 1.35 billion active monthly users world wide they have the membership to do so.

People can hate FB all they want but it isn't going to fade away anytime soon.

Your right, Facebook isn't going anywhere. However my family and I have nothing to do with it. I don't need a phony fan club, or anyone plotting anything against me.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha. My facebook account got shut down. I got into a fight with a liberal and won. Then they reported me. My user name was not my real name. For 11 years I used it, and all of a sudden, 3 hours after the fight I get a message that I can't log on until I give them my real name. Well, that is not going to happen. The funny thing is, everyone knows me by user name. (Not this one; it's my husband.) People actually found me because of my user name. They would not have realized who I was using my real name.
So why does FB want your real name? So they can sell their lists to marketers. Well, they can go jump in a lake. At least my account is totally and completely gone. Like it never existed, which is fine with me.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Myspace now that's where it's at.....yea buddy
As far as i care there is none of them worth while all they do is get info and have fools tell every thing about there selves no privacy in this country now a days.. But as TH said there are 1.35 billion on face book just telling all about there selves and are happy to give out all there info.????

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So let me get this right......the Facebook website is the cause of all these terrible things, not the people who misuse it, it's the website's fault. So by that logic it's the gun's fault, not the people who misuse them, right?

It's not Facebook's fault that there are so many idiots out there and fyi there are many, MANY people who use it for GOOD things.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
So let me get this right......the Facebook website is the cause of all these terrible things, not the people who misuse it, it's the website's fault. So by that logic it's the gun's fault, not the people who misuse them, right?

Actually no,its facebooks fault for profiting off people who arent smart enough to know when theyre being bent over.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

It's not Facebook's fault that there are so many idiots out there and fyi there are many, MANY people who use it for GOOD things.

Hey, slow down there... Let's take this issue apart. A gun that is misused is the fault of the user not the gun. That's settled, in fact it wasn't even drawn into question until you arbitrarily added it into this conversation.
Now, back to Facebook. If you were to research Facebook you would discover that they support very disgusting organization...such as the man boy love association. If you don't believe me look it up.
People always have done bad things but Facebook gives them an ultra easy method to carry out their bad intentions, in fact most new affairs have started on Facebook.
And as far as good things on Facebook...well the bad outnumbers the good exponentially...

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually no,its facebooks fault for profiting off people who arent smart enough to know when theyre being bent over.

I'm a digital marketer that has spent years in the business and have been fortunate to work with Google. Google and Facebook have similar business models in that they make money off of information. You wouldn't believe the kinds of ad targeting I can do. As a digital marketer, I can find out who you are, what you like, what you do, who you keep around you and more. Knowing all of this, I don't post personal stuff on Facebook. Still, I trust Facebook and Google way more than I trust the NSA.

Let Edward Snowden come home!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'm a digital marketer that has spent years in the business and have been fortunate to work with Google. Google and Facebook have similar business models in that they make money off of information. You wouldn't believe the kinds of ad targeting I can do. As a digital marketer, I can find out who you are, what you like, what you do, who you keep around you and more. Knowing all of this, I don't post personal stuff on Facebook. Still, I trust Facebook and Google way more than I trust the NSA.

Let Edward Snowden come home!

That's right, I can't imagine needing a false approval from people who only pretend to be my friends strongly enough to post information about myself and my family. We are loosing our privacy and willingly putting what we love in danger. Count me out...

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, slow down there... Let's take this issue apart. A gun that is misused is the fault of the user not the gun. That's settled, in fact it wasn't even drawn into question until you arbitrarily added it into this conversation.
Now, back to Facebook. If you were to research Facebook you would discover that they support very disgusting organization...such as the man boy love association. If you don't believe me look it up.
People always have done bad things but Facebook gives them an ultra easy method to carry out their bad intentions, in fact most new affairs have started on Facebook.
And as far as good things on Facebook...well the bad outnumbers the good exponentially...

Again, Facebook is the tool. Can you provide me with a link verifying Facebook's support of NAMBLA? Honestly, I dont really care about Facebook. For years I refused to join for many of the same reasons already mentioned. I joined to communicate with a sick family member and stay out of the rest of the crap. I have considered leaving FB several times, but then I just "unfriend" the source of my animosity and the problem is resolved.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as i care there is none of them worth while all they do is get info and have fools tell every thing about there selves no privacy in this country now a days.. But as TH said there are 1.35 billion on face book just telling all about there selves and are happy to give out all there info.????
You only give out the info you choose to give out.

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
Welcome to the 21st Century, folks. If the human species can survive what's coming down the road (which I doubt), social media will crumple upon itself like a house of cards. But it has an addictive appeal to anyone, of any IQ. Personally, I have posted hundreds of photos on my Facebook page - surf shots, wildlife, my travels around the world, and have received many kudos for the shots taken. Never seen a dime from any of them, of which, several were of National Geographic quality. Been shooting photos for 55 years, and was taught how by my pop, who was my best friend in the world, gone way too soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread