whites dual.pro, and garret
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very rare find indeed. I have only found 2 in my 3 years or so of searching.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know you can still get one ! I just started hunting pennies -I'm about twenty boxes in so far, no sign of an Indian yet ...but I got scary close yesterday - not one but TWO 1909's (Philly's no VDB) out of one box ! So I believe that I'm not far from getting an IH .

OP
OP
C

crazyadventure

Mar 1, 2017
northeast
Detector(s) used
whites dual.pro, and garret
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thank you for all of your responses. the lowest wheat I found was a 1911. this rolled coin hunting is addictive. I am hopeful for another but its getting harder to find a bank to let go of the those loomis boxes. will keep updating. new to this forum.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Good to know you can still get one ! I just started hunting pennies -I'm about twenty boxes in so far, no sign of an Indian yet ...but I got scary close yesterday - not one but TWO 1909's (Philly's no VDB) out of one box ! So I believe that I'm not far from getting an IH .
That's funny. I've found 5 IHP's but only 1 1909. Nice work.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think penny boxes are fun - they are easy to buy you never get skunked ! and really old coins are dumped into the coin counters regularly ! and I don't believe they are being culled in the re-rolling procedures at all !

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been over $2k worth of penny boxes for me and my oldest is a 1911 :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:. I want an Indian!

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
I've found 1 - 1891 IHP as well. It is kind of what got me into coin roll hunting. I was getting change to pay my rugrats for their chores & in the roll of pennies there were 15 wheats and the indian head. I went back and picked up a couple more rolls of pretty much everything, but only found a few more wheats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread