How many items do you sell?

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all it's not ebay to begin with, it's paypal. And it clearly states-

PayPal is required to report gross payments received for sellers who receive over $20,000 in gross payment volume AND over 200 separate payments in a calendar year. Under the legislation, we'll report to the IRS the total payment volume received by US account holders whose payments exceed both of these levels in a calendar year:
  • US$20,000 in gross payment volume from sales of goods or services in a single year
  • 200 separate payments for goods or services in the same year
IRC Section 6050W applies to all payment processors, including PayPal. Our goal is to help PayPal sellers understand and comply with the new requirements.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_us/IRS6050W

It's best to go to the source versus some ebay gossip forum

I must apologize, I did complete some further research and find that your are correct, it is both over 200 sales and a revenue of over $20,000 in sales!!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must apologize, I did complete some further research and find that your are correct, it is both over 200 sales and a revenue of over $20,000 in sales!!!
No harm, no foul. Just trying to keep the information on this forum factual. Nothing like passing on wrong information, know what I mean.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know...if eBay sends you notification or a W2 type form at the end of the year if you sell that amount? Has anyone gotten one? Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread