how many others conceal & carry when u detect

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
I do a fair amount of schools so I don't. I don't even carry it (9mm Glock) in my truck anymore.

I'm sure eventually the new will where off the new one & it'll go in the safe with the rest, not a real need to carry in public way to much attention,just not needed ya know. I was just curious if a lot do or not

Since I mainly can only detect the water I don't carry my Starfire 9 mm. but used to when in the woods when hunting alone.

I carry 95% of the time when I leave home, sometimes more than 1 too....

If I am going in the water and will get wet, it is in my detector vehicle, if I go to the beach and I am not going in deeper than knee deep due to heavy surf, darkness or what ever, it is on me....

I know a man who was mugged at beach in Daytona when he was returning to his vehicle after dark....

We're pretty vulnerable. Wearing headphones, looking at the ground, trying to dig our finds. We may as well be sleeping in public. Plus, we're carrying an MD of at least nominal value to a mugger, and often have our rides parked nearby.

If I was hunting a rural beach in Prince Edward Island, for example, I'd probably think carrying was more trouble than it was worth. An old school yard in Detroit? I'd want an armed guard. Everything else is likely somewhere in-between but remember the old maxim: better a little caution, than a great regret.

I recently just got my carry and conceal license. Debating on what to buy, and if I should carry while detecting as well. Sometimes great looking older homes are situated in "seedy" parts of town. I might feel a bit more comfortable.

Small town city parks, I don't worry much, but like others here sometimes I am hunting rural (remote) parks or campgrounds and then, you bet I'm packing. Would I carry in the city? always.....I carry a small 22 cal auto, slim and light but when you're looking at the business end it's all business.....why have the CC permit if you're gonna leave yourself wide open anyway??

I carry when I am out in the desert, Ghost towns or in town detecting at night. Better to have it and not need it than meet a crazy person with one. Or in the desert a rattler

almost always. at least a .22, but normally a larger caliber. It's the human threat that i worry about, never the wild animals.

I used to do a lot of fishing at night and always had a pistol stashed someplace.

I'm in vietnam right now, so no guns. even carrying a knife is illegal, but everyone does.

I recently just got my carry and conceal license. Debating on what to buy, and if I should carry while detecting as well. Sometimes great looking older homes are situated in "seedy" parts of town. I might feel a bit more comfortable.

In ur instance it would b a hard call id advise since it would b ur first time carring mayb sumthing in a smaller caliber mayb .22- 9mm mayb the 45mm im carring probly isnt the best choice it has been lightend up its more a competion peice. Another good idea would b is if u have access to a gun range & they rent different guns to go there & try out different models to c which ones gonna b comfortable for u, u dont wanna carry an overly heavy,gun somthing that get cought on trees,etc. Last thing pending where what stays ur carefull & familiarize urself with not only ur States laws but the towns ur carring in. Jusy a question since its ur first did u get no restrictions or , that'll play a big role in if u can or not the licence to carry now a days isnt what it was 10 years ago. Careful guys

i definitely carry my 9mm on my hip with ALL my woods hunts. Mainly for stumbling across wild hog and poisonous snakes...ive ran across a dozen snakes this summer and was even bit by a copperhead! Always wear snake boots!!!!...if i cant behead them with the shovel...my lil beretta takes care of it for me...hell with todays society, i feel fit to carry a concealed weapon everywhere.

i definitely carry my 9mm on my hip with ALL my woods hunts. Mainly for stumbling across wild hog and poisonous snakes...ive ran across a dozen snakes this summer and was even bit by a copperhead! Always wear snake boots!!!!...if i cant behead them with the shovel...my lil beretta takes care of it for me...hell with todays society, i feel fit to carry a concealed weapon everywhere.

Agreed

I carry my 380 auto every time i enter the woods. not so much in parks or in town, I am huge hunter and over the last two years have called in two mountain lions coyote hunting right next the old foundations i have been digging in. Last thing i want to do is be in a old foundation looking at the ground with headphones on then...... like Mohave Sam said better to have and not need then to need and not have.

I carry my 380 auto every time i enter the woods. not so much in parks or in town, I am huge hunter and over the last two years have called in two mountain lions coyote hunting right next the old foundations i have been digging in. Last thing i want to do is be in a old foundation looking at the ground with headphones on then...... like Mohave Sam said better to have and not need then to need and not have.

Nice quote

I carry 100% of the time since I'm retired law enforcement and use to it and to protect myself or if have to someone else

.380 Kel-Tec in the pocket. Don't even know its there.

I carry 100% of the time since I'm retired law enforcement and use to it and to protect myself or if have to someone else

Jim thank you for your service.:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back