Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the local farmers who spends the winter months doing maintenance on his tractor,s and field equipment sometimes needs help so he calls my son Jim Jr to help out ,well my son who has a sharp eye :laughing7: saw this control box just like i have here at home sitting on 1 of the farmers work tables in the barn it is a Sov GT box in a torn hip mount bag everything was covered in dirt and dust , my son asked him where did he get the box the farmer said one morning last summer he was out checking his field generators for irrigation and it was just sitting there on the ground he wasn't sure what it was so he tossed it up on his work table shelf he asked Jim you want it ? it,s yours :hello2: my son hands it to me and says see if it works i almost fell off my chair he told me the story so i call John and thanked him at least 3 times ,all after i checked the batteries 8 AA,s in a gray box which were dead i put my blue battery box in and ...........IT WORK,S hehehe the hip mount bag it was in is in bad shape all torn up but i care about that . John said no one has ever come back to claim it as far as he knows iam the only one to ask to detect his fields . I looked for the serial # tag on the back and it,s not there , this needs a good clean up what a great find either a spare or get rods and what i need for a second one maybe my son would take interest now ?? . Jim :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 100_1602.jpg
    100_1602.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 553
  • 100_1603.jpg
    100_1603.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 533

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What a find, your son does have a sharp eye.....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, buy your son a steak dinner. Who ever left it there took the rod and coil. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Wow, buy your son a steak dinner. Who ever left it there took the rod and coil. :laughing7:
The only thing i can think of is the person took off there hip mount bag and then left thinking they had it carrying the pole and coil lol most of my working career i was a machinist i thinking of building my own 7/8" graphite pole all i need is a few parts hand grip arm cuff and lower coil rod hook-up .Funny you said buy the kid steak i did :laughing7: Jim :thumbsup:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a score!

Top Member Reactions