How often do you prospect?

MinerFortyNiner1952

Nov 18, 2013
San Jose, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know that we have a myriad of prospectors here, from the just-getting-started to the hardcore grizzled old-timer. How many times a month do you need to get out there and dig to satisfy the craving of gold fever?

For me, one weekend a month whether it be just the Saturday or even a Saturday-Sunday combo just ain't cutting it anymore. It is a three hour trek for me to get to my claim and future plans call for relocating to an area closer to the dig site. Sigh!

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly, due to my location in SC and the job, i dont get out but maybe twice a year. Three times if im lucky. Only get to go to Thermal City since I dont know any land owners and its at least a 3.5 hr drive to the closest decent spot. Only place i know i can sluice is at Thermal.

Consider yourselves lucky! Lol. Im jealous and just try to make it out when i can for a few full days at a time. These threads on this site along with peoples pics and videos (AB) gets me by when i cant be out on a creek. That and rerunning all my cons i have with a small amount of fine gold thrown in to keep my panning skills up and to test my designs i try and tinker with.

Welcome to the forum, Docster33 :icon_thumright:

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Docster33 :icon_thumright:

Thanks Fullpan! Been on here for a while now. Great site with lots and lots of experience combined. Thanks to everyone that posts something. Even if you have not been prospecting long, your experiences and "lessons learned" can even benefit a seasoned prospector or spark an idea or theory that could lead to the next big thing!

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-1442235524.jpg

Here is all that i have found here around Beaufort. This has been achieved by doing a quick pan here and there and bringing a little home ( about 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket) each time i go fishing ot to the beach. Mostly by boat ramps. I got the "ok" from the Beaufort county DNR guy. As long as i pan im good. This is a total of about 30 five gallon buckets my guess would be. Not bad for the low country I feel.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 925896

Here is all that i have found here around Beaufort. This has been achieved by doing a quick pan here and there and bringing a little home ( about 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket) each time i go fishing ot to the beach. Mostly by boat ramps. I got the "ok" from the Beaufort county DNR guy. As long as i pan im good. This is a total of about 30 five gallon buckets my guess would be. Not bad for the low country I feel.

Even CA can be stingy with her gold. My take for 2013, first year, from 15 gallons of prospecting.
005.jpg

Good luck and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread