Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks who aren't educated and trained about firearms seem to have a natural aversion to the whole idea of gun ownership. Unfortunately that same lack of training makes them not comfortable with others owning them
even if the gun owner is legal and highly trained in safe gun handling.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember ever Feeling unsafe .
In all Honesty my Memory ain't 100% .
but I have been Startled a few times.
I know I've been approached already while digging,
and all of a sudden seen someone standing over me.
Causing me to Jump :dontknow: But I don't call that not feeling safe.
That's just surprise.

I don't think I'd enter an area.
if I honestly thought I would be in Danger. :tongue3:
that would be like walking a Tight rope Blind Folded .
I have common sense :laughing7:

as far as Guns. I don't need one. Not a judgement on Those who carry.

I just don't remember having a reason to fear People . or want to risk
accidentally Killing another Human Being or myself :tongue3:.
and on the off chance I need to fend off an Animal,
I think a good swift kick Or swinging my Digger or Detector
would help.

Last edited:

Rockhunter1620

Feb 1, 2012
S.E. Mi.
Detector(s) used
F-75 S.E.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's sad that anyone would be so insecure that they can't go out in public without a gun...

First off it has nothing to do with bein "insecure"! It has everything to do with bein a free tax payin American. It's a right, equal to the other 9 god given rights specifically named
in the first 10 amendments known as "the bill of rights" attached to the formal constitution drafted an organized by the founders of this greatest sovereign nation where we were all born an raised.
My father an grandfather were both in the military an avid hunters an outdoorsmen, an I was given my first firearm when I was 10. I am a hunter an outdoorsman, I hunt all year round, in the winter
I hunt fer perch through the ice, in the spring, at first, morels, as well as treasure an gold detecting an prospecting, (I like to mix it up), then in the fall, big an small game (deer an rabbits).
An I have the right to carry a weapon. I have some education an some good ethics, I don't go lookin fer trouble, but ifn trouble ever finds me I guarantee I wont be cryin like a little gyrl "Oh please
don't hurt me mr. criminal, here's my wallet an detector". Havin a pistol is like havin a fire extinguisher, it's smarter than dumb to be in possession of a tool an never need than it will be findin yourself
in desperate need an bein without. Good luck to you sir an pray you never cross trails with some animal that believes he's smarter to just take, steal, an rob from honest folks who are willing
to work for their own.

RH

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreeBirdTim... Ah, you don't need to own or use a firearm... you Yankees can't shoot straight anyway! :laughing7:

That's a broad brush you're swinging there brother.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a "bad guy" kicks in your door at 3 AM, you won't have time to get your gun. Unless, of course, you're foolish enough to leave a loaded gun in your nightstand drawer...
In my home I am never more than 2- 4 seconds from a loaded firearm. At night my conceal carry piece is on my nightstand, another is hidden by my bed, one is hidden in kitchen cabinets, one is by my easy chair in family room.

I conceal carry during the day so most times one is under my shirt all day long as I go about my daily routine since I never leave home with out it....

Next come my loaded shotgun and rifles..[emoji1]

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few of my beliefs.

I support concealed carry,

Most criminals do not have a conscience and place no value on life. They will shoot you just for your shoes.

When concealed carry was being passed in Ohio I heard the following and I will paraphrase. Many people who bought guns for concealed carry do have a conscience and put value on life. With this in mind many will have their gun used on them since they may hesitate to take a life due to the value they place on life. Not everyone is cut out to conceal and carry.

If you pull it, you better use it! other wise the person you pull it on may now have a vendetta and then you are a target if ever seen by that individual or his cohorts.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's not a whole lot of cases where someone's ccw was used against them. If it is, your doing it wrong. Bad guy shouldn't even know you have it until he hears the loud bang.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't really understand seeing Statistics compared to Auto accidents or how many ppl die from gun deaths per population.

the only Stat I care about is myself and my family. I have one chance to defend myself if something should go south

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Hey! Hey!! I resemble that remark!!:laughing7:....that's why I have to put out about 10 or 12 rounds....then if I don't hit 'em, I'll just throw it at 'em!!:laughing7:
FreeBirdTim... Ah, you don't need to own or use a firearm... you Yankees can't shoot straight anyway! :laughing7:

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you'll always have exceptions to the rules.. in my statement, I think a broad brush would cover my thoughts rather well. :laughing7:

I agree. I hardly think that you would need a broad brush to cover your thoughts.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a damn shame the couple in D.C. weren't armed...things may have turned out different. I truly hope when the cops find him, he resists arrest!! I'd hate to see this slime-ball clothed and fed the rest of his life at taxpayer expense....:censored:

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I agree. I hardly think that you would need a broad brush to cover your thoughts.

Well, I wouldn't need a brush of any size to cover the statement, "Yankees can't shoot straight anyway!".. history has shown this to be true.
Of course you'll have a few that can hit a target on a good day!:laughing7:

And we all know that Southerners are the best shots in our country... right?:icon_thumleft:

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I wouldn't need a brush of any size to cover the statement, "Yankees can't shoot straight anyway!".. history has shown this to be true.
Of course you'll have a few that can hit a target on a good day!:laughing7:

And we all know that Southerners are the best shots in our country... right?:icon_thumleft:

That might depend on what country you think you are still living in.

Hint: It ain't the CSA.............some sharp shootin' Yankees made sure of that about 150 years ago :laughing7:

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still pretty sure it was the norths infrastructure that won the war in the long run. I'm not planning any shootouts with any southerners...or sight impaired folks for that matter.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North, South.....
What the? I live in Oregon...so Westerner?:laughing7:
We use laser sights out here.....

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a mean wife and no job plus i be old no problemo. bad spanish :laughing7:

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
That might depend on what country you think you are still living in.

Hint: It ain't the CSA.............some sharp shootin' Yankees made sure of that about 150 years ago :laughing7:

Well.. it did take those "Yankee sharp shooters" 4 years to win the war even outnumbering the South 2 to 1.
With the South outnumbering the North 2 to 1... the war would have been over in less than a year!
This is the U.S.A. but, I live on the CSA side!:laughing7:

I believe the southern part of our country still has the most people with concealed carry permits, with Florida having the most.
Growing up, I can remember most everyone owning a gun, this may not be true in other parts of our country, like R.I.?
I'm sure this would have an effect with people using a firearm as a personal defense?
Most people who are against using a firearm for personal defense, probably has never owned a gun, or shot one?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions