How safe do you feel when detecting?

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Actually the top 8 states in relation to gun ownership would have been considered Northern states, or territories.

States with the most guns - The Daily Beast

I've got no argument about our right to carry, I have a CCW and carry a Ruger LC9. Am not going to listen to some silly statement about one part of the country be able to shoot better than the other though. I'll leave it at that.

My post was "concealed carry permits" and not "gun ownership".

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
We don't need no "stinkin" CCW permits out here in Cowboy and Indin country!!:laughing7:....well, maybe over in the "left" side of the state!!

I know you post was a humor twist... the truth is many people I know do carry without a permit... and it was that way before the state even had legal permit carry!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not lumping anyone together, I'm just saying that these threads kind of give me a bad vibe about my chosen hobby. Also, Tim was right. This thread belongs in the politics section. Whether or not big bad Mr. Mod thinks so or not.

If this thread makes you feel bad a out the hobby you are lumping everyone together.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing good ever comes from carrying a gun around anywhere. Not necessary if you're a big guy and it also gives the appearance that you're looking for trouble.

Funny Tim did not post this there then DirtyHead.
The question was how safe do you feel detecting? Not are you scared of gun totin rednecks in "your" chosen hobby. Or can you just skip a thread with subject you don't like without commenting/whining. Tim started the negative about carrying then wants to complain about it's discussion? Hmmm. You're supporting his argument because of your perceived image of guilt by association and by complaining hope to distance yourself in the public eye from being a scary redneck? Good luck with your efforts to impress.
I would rather see a scary redneck detecting then than someone who starts something they won't finish, or won't admit they caused an issue.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I'm not lumping anyone together, I'm just saying that these threads kind of give me a bad vibe about my chosen hobby. Also, Tim was right. This thread belongs in the politics section. Whether or not big bad Mr. Mod thinks so or not.

Maybe you need an "inside hobby".. like stamp or coin collecting?

The topic is.. "How safe do you feel when detecting?". It's NOT political.
Oh.. it's not about the Civil War, either!!:laughing7:

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My post was "concealed carry permits" and not "gun ownership".

......and mine was about the states with the most guns per capita...........whats yer point.

You think carrying concealed makes a better shot, you better check your stats on the distance away your target is likely to be when you pull your CW. If it makes you feel better, I will admit you southerners are much better shots when it comes to shooting at road signs from a moving pickup truck.

As for carrying concealed without a permit..............that would make you a criminal in most states (part of the problem).

Last post on the subject......I promise. You can have the last word (I probably won't read it, but go ahead anyway).

Last edited:

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
......and mine was about the states with the most guns per capita...........whats yer point.

You think carrying concealed makes a better shot, you better check your stats on the distance away your target is likely to be when you pull your CW. If it makes you feel better, I will admit you southerners are much better shots when it comes to shooting at road signs from a moving pickup truck.

As for carrying concealed without a permit..............that would make you a criminal in most states (part of the problem).

Last post on the subject......I promise. You can have the last word (I probably won't read it, but go ahead anyway).

My.. My.. Can't even joke around without someone getting their undees in a wad!:laughing7:
So, don't get upset! O'tay!?

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Only state I know of that doesn't require a permit is Arizona but they can't do anything about the 1000ft federal gun free zones around schools so it's better to just get the permit so you don't have to go out of your way to avoid those zones.

As for the better shots, I believe whoever hits the range more will be the better shot, I gonna guess location has nothing to do with it.

DirtHead

Greenie
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you need an "inside hobby".. like stamp or coin collecting?

Why do you think I need an "inside hobby"? You're the one who can't leave his doorstep without a gun in his pocket because some "Big bad thugs" might get you. :laughing7:

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Why do you think I need an "inside hobby"? You're the one who can't leave his doorstep without a gun in his pocket because some "Big bad thugs" might get you. :laughing7:

You're the one who seems to be upset with us rednecks going armed!:laughing7:
Everyone has a different view when it comes to being safe.. your choice maybe different.. do what YOU think is best for you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida has more people with permits than montana does people. But we got ALOT of guns
There are a lot of legally owned guns here in Florida..

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blah, blah, blah, blah. Your lips sure do flap a lot but you don't really say a thing.

It says that I don't like gun toting rednecks, or gun toting gangbangers, or gun toting clowns. Just gun toters in general. Ooooh, I'm such a bad person.

Ok I see...You are a Newb on the site talking shiii to everyone on here....thats gonna get you far.

Its different to have an opinion on something and to just insult peoples beliefs

Good luck ...maybe you can leave the trolling to 16 year olds

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your reply just validated my point!

index.jpg

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[QUOTE=Sod Buster; I will admit you southerners are much better shots when it comes to shooting at road signs from a moving pickup truck.

Hell, out here in Orygun, we throw beer bottles at the signs, no sense wastin' good ammo!!:laughing7:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Where was I going to go? Was I going to rise the ranks of treasurenet stardom? lol.
I have an opinion about something, if you're insulted by my opinion then that's your problem. All I was saying was move this stupid thread to politics so normal people can avoid controversy. Ooh, I'm such a troll.

If you dislike this thread so much, why do you keep clicking on it?

Some people choose to carry, some do not. One side is not likely to convince the other side.

Just the way it is...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You blame the mods huh?
Ever not have someone telling you what to do, or not to do? Or simply avoid causing issues? Yet you're allowed online.
A sitter quality issue perhaps.
Thanks for playin though.
I gotta run. If I'm not to the detectin park by noon my buddy gets too drunk.
Last time when we were shootin beer cans off each others heads he went and wasted a gol durn full one settin it on his noggin, and it spewed all over some kids..

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All kidding aside, the question was: How safe do you feel when detecting?

Some people said they don't frequent certain areas and some people said, if they night hunt or DO frequent "rough" areas, they carry a firearm. Or, some said they carry ALL the time anyway....NO PROBLEM!!

Then, a couple of anti-gun folks show up and hijack the thread....then resort to insults!! If you don't like the thread, don't click on it!! I've been havin' fun on here tradin' friendly jabs.

Ease up a little and relax....you're not gonna change anybody's mind.:thumbsup:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody here hates ya.....least of all me!! We just disagree on a few things!! That's what great about this country....we can disagree with each other and one party won't get hauled off to the gulags!!

Me thinks you are a head strong young man...stick around here, ya might learn somethin' and make a few friends while yer about it!!:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread