How to find the Lost Dutchman mine...

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
... Springfield, that particular mine lies in the flat land, 400 meters from a state maintained all weather asphalt road and hi tension power lines. 35 miles to a rr shipping center, 50 miles to Obregon, Sonora, a major city with full facilities, & 5 miles from a labor center, in other words, a little dream mine.....

No offence intended, RdTTT, but why aren't you exploiting it now?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Springfield: You posted -->why aren't you exploiting it now?
As you well know it takes permits, permits, permits and permits as well as the financing.
It is progressing one step at a time. also I am extending the titled property to include an additional
150 Hectares on the extension of the basic vein structure.

At the moment there is just a hole in the ground, no equipment etc. but plenty of ore blocked out
with large proven reserves. Accompanying plan is a suggestion by the mining engineer for the
preliminary phase to self develop the capital.

We can hyper hi=grade to start with, or go for a State / Fed loan with the title up for the security.

It has taken back seat to Tayopa, until this year.

Suggestions?

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Apol peeps for side tracking, but I appreciate Springfiled's advice.

Attachments

• Escondda projected small scale.jpg
    Escondda projected small scale.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 777
  • Escondda projected small scale.jpg
    Escondda projected small scale.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 740
  • Escondida Titulo.jpg
    Escondida Titulo.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 751

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
HI Springfield: You posted -->why aren't you exploiting it now?
As you well know it takes permits, permits, permits and permits as well as the financing.
It is progressing one step at a time. also I am extending the titled property to include an additional
150 Hectares on the extension of the basic vein structure.

At the moment there is just a hole in the ground, no equipment etc. but plenty of ore blocked out
with large proven reserves. Accompanying plan is a suggestion by the mining engineer for the
preliminary phase to self develop the capital.

We can hyper hi=grade to start with, or go for a State / Fed loan with the title up for the security.

It has taken back seat to Tayopa, until this year.

Suggestions?

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. Apol peeps for side tracking, but I appreciate Springfiled's advice.

I would attempt to lease or sell the property. I know you tried this in the past with no resolution, but IMO, this may be your best chance at making money. The big boys won't be interested in a small property, but maybe you can find a small/medium contractor who is willing to fight the good fight and pay you a percentage. Finding someone with the proper connections is the best bet. Good luck.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
We'll, there it is folks......the true location of The Lost Dutchman Goldmine(s). Plenty of color and plenty far away from where Old Jacob has kept everyone looking safe all of this time. This place is where the simple Peralta Tablets show one where to go using just chicken scratch; start where the tablets were dug up and head on up to this area like they say. You just go West a little ways from the tablet dig and then hang a right up onto the old Apache Trail and your there. Your looking for a monstrous and wise old saguaro cactus who stands by the river at the north like the ghost of a priest. He stands looking over the dry burro pasture, once fed by the spring in the heart of Fresco

Attachments

• Peralta Apache Gold.jpg
    Peralta Apache Gold.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 660

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh, thank you! That's ever so much better ...
Hmmm - that 'X' is fairly 'thick' - meaning it has some 'play' on it ...
In my humble opinion, it is another 'opinion' as to where it may be, but as Oro always says "show us the gold".

That being said - it is bang-smack where a lot of people have a lot of faith in a possible position. I do hope you can make something out of it :-)
I would just l-o-v-e someone to finally prove it has been found! (Should save some few lives if nothing else!!)

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Loke - "Let it slip" - come now, have you not been keeping up with the persons whom have already announced the discovery of the Lost Dutchman mine? Some have posted clear GPS coordinates and Google satellite imagery that pinpoints the spot. :tongue3:

I can't say what the reason is that no two of these sites match each other. :dontknow: :help:

Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oroblanco said:
Loke - "Let it slip" - come now, have you not been keeping up with the persons whom have already announced the discovery of the Lost Dutchman mine? Some have posted clear GPS coordinates and Google satellite imagery that pinpoints the spot. :tongue3:

I can't say what the reason is that no two of these sites match each other. :dontknow: :help:

Oroblanco

Ohhh NO!! Are you telling me that 'IT' has been found allready? .. and by more than one?
*big sigh*
Well then, what's the point of lingering around here? Maybe I should scoot over to the Tayopa forum (as suggested by some impertinent soul a while back) ..
Hmmm - that's right - Tayopa has been found as well.

What about the LAD? Any takers?

nahhh - guess it will have to be Blackbeard!

Yall have a good day now - hear!

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Loke said:
Oroblanco said:

Oroblanco

Ohhh NO!! Are you telling me that 'IT' has been found allready? .. and by more than one?
*big sigh*
Well then, what's the point of lingering around here? Maybe I should scoot over to the Tayopa forum (as suggested by some impertinent soul a while back) ..
Hmmm - that's right - Tayopa has been found as well.

What about the LAD? Any takers?

nahhh - guess it will have to be Blackbeard!

Yall have a good day now - hear!

Sorry but I could not resist amigo. I am a little surprised that none of the several whom have claimed to have found the Lost Dutchman jumped in to say something. That alone kind of says something doesn't it? :dontknow: Maybe one or more will pipe up, if given a bit of urging?

As to Tayopa - that is very much a case of yes and no isn't it? One does seem to be found, but the others? The trouble there is that several different locations were tagged with that name, which has led to confusion (including my own) and as a result only one can really be said to be absolutely 'pinned' so to speak.

Funny thing about Blackbeard; strange coincidence but the NPS laid claim to a site known to have been used by him in NC. I suppose that is not to prevent a treasure hunter from locating and recovering any hidden treasures right? ::)

The Lost Adams is a whole 'nother' kettle of fish too. I guess that since all of these fabulous lost mines and treasures have all been found and were long ago cleaned out (leaving no gold) we can just forget about them. ;D :laughing7:

[youtube=425,350]http://youtu.be/rSjK2Oqrgic[/youtube]

Oroblanco

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tons of them still exist oro.
La gloria Pan
El Narajal
Orig Tayopa @ guayopita / guaynopa
La Tarasca
Las Pimas
Los placers de Tepoca, and the village / church of Tepoca
Los Placers el rio Yaqui
Why is there a large mooring ring in a cliff on upper baja in the sea de Cortez A trail leads inland for what and to where?
Lost mine on the upper Sea of Cortes on the mainland
Lost gold mine / placer on San Estaban island. Very rich
Placer gold on the rio San Lorenzo
The Apache bench placer , very very rich. South side of the Yaqui
The placer of 20 ounces
Zimmerman's ship with the hold fulll of gold bars.
Comwell's ship remains, now being buried under sand, no longer in water. Still finding gold coins in the sand.
the Manilla galleon in costa rica port
German submarine.,
and of course our lost pearl ship

And on for a hundred pages more. Plenty left, all very rich..

Don Jose de La Mancha

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG!!
What a wonderful thing the Internet is!

Placer gold on the rio San Lorenzo
Where google led me to:
He was missionary to the Acaxee Indian tribe in and around the Rio San Lorenzo, ... In l849, Audubon was leading a group of men to the gold fields of ...
Surely - I've got a hit here!
Accordingly - I went to the destination - without _really_ looking at the url ...
www.americanfishes.com/mexico/history.htm

And you can see for yourself where you end up

*chuckles*

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Don Jose - you skipped one (at least) Vainopa? I realize there is very little documentation or even clues to get started, but as far as I know, no one has found it or even claimed to have by satellite images. Maybe it is not rich enough to attract anyone to look for it?

Loke - admit it now, you have a secret craving for fresh caught Golden Trout! :o :o :o :tongue3: Pan fried, perhaps in butter, by streamside? Or do you prefer baked, with a side of baked potato? <I sure look forward to doing some trout fishing soon!>

Oroblanco

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Roy,

Many years ago I worked with an old timer who used to tell me that he had a favorite spot in the High Sierras that he liked to hike into, through the snow, and camp. It was beside a wonderful stream that was full of Golden Trout. It was frozen over, except for where he camped. At that spot, a warm spring flowed into the stream and melted the ice.

He would set up camp and fish that same spot every year. His limit was dictated by how hungry he was. He packed in a frying pan, butter, flour and a little garlic salt. As I recall, he was close to eighty, still working and looked like he was forty. It's a story and image that has stuck with me for four decades.......Golden Trout laid out in the snow, just waiting for the frying pan to get hot. :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Take care,

Joe

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Joe,
Come out and visit me and we'll slog in to a spot where the cut-throats will be just as nice.
can't lay them out in the snow, but I agree, a nice breakfast of fresh trout is unbeatable.

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok - I know I'm way off the subject here - but trout ...
Yup - I've got (at least) 3 surefire ways of doin'em
1) gut and spice, put them into the snow (air is still above freezing!) for 4-5 days, then eat raw with a dash of whisky
2) lotsa butter in a pan - and 'cook' them trouts in butter - oh myyyyyy
3) layer of coarse salt, layer of trout, salt, trout, salt, trout, salt. Leave in airtight container for 3 months, wash in milk and then eat it raw

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loke said:
Ok - I know I'm way off the subject here - but trout ...
Yup - I've got (at least) 3 surefire ways of doin'em
1) gut and spice, put them into the snow (air is still above freezing!) for 4-5 days, then eat raw with a dash of whisky
2) lotsa butter in a pan - and 'cook' them trouts in butter - oh myyyyyy
3) layer of coarse salt, layer of trout, salt, trout, salt, trout, salt. Leave in airtight container for 3 months, wash in milk and then eat it raw

I'll stick with #2 if that's ok :wink:

Actually I prefer freshly caught Canadian walleye, pan friend with potatos and onions over an open fire on a deserted island in the middle of an Ontario lake in early spring with a little snow coming down. Add a can of peaches and an ice cold beer and it's as close to perfection as I've seen :).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions