How to Get Started?

A

AdventurousOhioan

I'm 20 years old from Ohio. I'm an education major with specialization in History and Math. I'm extremely interested in how to get involved in shipwrecks and forgotten treasures. I know my history fairly well especially since I plan on teaching it, but I'm interested not only in Shipwrecks but possibility of forgotten treasures in the United States (especially ones from the Civil War). So, how does one get involved and begin their research?

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AdventurousOhioan; First I would like to welcome you to the Forum, and I am sure that if you cant find it on this forum, you will at least get pointed in the right direction.

I have to ask this question, is it lonely up your way? The only reason I ask is because I think most Ohioan?s are in Florida from the number of license plates I am seeing LOL. :D

Seriously, you have come to the right place to start your adventure. Irrespective of the type of information you are seeking, from Shipwrecks of all kinds, to Civil War relics and treasure caches of the old west, to tools of the trade that we use to aid us. You are among a group of people from the four corners of the planet, who share your quest for the knowledge and information that will guide us to the ultimate challenge (Knowledge is power, the power to succeed in what others only dream of). Remember that half the fun of finding lost treasure is doing the research.

Good luck with your adventure

PS - In the rescue business we have a saying "If Elvis is out there, we will find him"

Q

OP
OP
A

AdventurousOhioan

Q, thanks for the welcome and info. And, no its not that lonely up here in Ohio, its just most of the older folks like the warm weather in the winter.....and I'm starting to understand why....lol.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I am in London Ohio if you have a detector maybe we could get together and do some hunting. There is a club in pickerington also. let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread