how to handle this

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Not really sure where to post this but here's what happened. I was on break from work so I stopped by a local fast food chain and while waiting for me order, the cashier first asks about my job and I tell him I like it and it's good then he asks how much money I make. I was kind of caught off guard by this questions so I tell him I'm on salary and the pay just kind of varies on the person. He then says "I don't mean to offend you or anything but are you gay? There's just something about your voice?"

I was really just caught off guard and left as soon as I got my order. What should I do about this if anything?

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Tell him that you aren't a fan of sodomites.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should have said no, but your an idiot for asking....

OP
OP
brucebob

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
lol, I honestly didn't really say anything just because I was so shocked someone would ask such a stupid questions. What do you think the chances are of me getting free food for a year or something if I threaten to sue?? hehe :)

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well you didn't tell us you answered his question. so are you? maybe if you said no, he would get the hint. do you feel he was asking the question because of your voice? or do you think he was hitting on you? my suggestion would be, since you brought this to our attention, report him to the management. do you visit that restaurant often and do you plan on going again? it is a form of sexual harrassment although minor you might just deserve a flattering apology nothing more.
there may still be a chance for free food but i wouldn't go there.....:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
brucebob

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
No, I'm not. I'm married with a 1 year old boy. I'm not sure if he was trying to hit on me or really did think I was gay, either way he was just rude and ignorant. I usually go there once or twice a month and don't plan on going there again anytime soon..

well you didn't tell us you answered his question. so are you? maybe if you said no, he would get the hint. do you feel he was asking the question because of your voice? or do you think he was hitting on you? my suggestion would be, since you brought this to our attention, report him to the management. do you visit that restaurant often and do you plan on going again? it is a form of sexual harrassment although minor you might just deserve a flattering apology nothing more.
there may still be a chance for free food but i wouldn't go there.....:laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to ask the same question as above, are you gay :laughing7: The guy was hitting on you

Since you're not gay, I would have told the clerk, he better have his gaydar looked at, becuase it's broken :laughing9:

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
probably just some jagoff playing games. Kids are getting more and more stupid.
It's all about "shocking" people. Have you seen TV lately?
I wouldn't take him seriously, you just happened to be the next person he waited on after the idea popped into his bong resin clogged head.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Diggit is right on this. Kids hoping to feel like big shots, saying things for shock value. They are quite numb inside I guess. I would go back again and dare him to say something else,, He now probably fancies himself the bully you have to face down.

I am sure it upset him terribly when he found that being in a gang did not pay the bills.(And the POTUS stash is not as big as he had hoped)!

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Funny ! I once was talking to some old man in a park telling him about metal detecting. To make a long story short he asked some rather pointed sexual questions. Humor is always a good stop sign . for example he asked if I WAS GAY ! I SAID WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I am trying to quit . I assure you I am not but that answer just threw him for a loop lol. some dumb ass kid deserves a dumb ass answer. try that with next idiot who tries to ruin your day .

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really,, The best response may be. "Sir, I do not want a date from you, I only want the order I placed, Thank you."

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off , you need to go in there tomorrow ............ Time it when the most people are present , esp. if it is mixed company - the older the better . Then very loudly say Hey ! When did you get out of jail ? I didn't think that girl was old enough to testify .................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread