How to hide things from a state of the art metal detector

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Tend to agree with you Frankn! Earlier this year we cleaned out a garage attic for a friend in Arizona and found numerous cases of ammo & reloading supplies. This stuff was put up there 21 plus years ago when her husband passed away. Not that scary you say? figure what the temps were up there when it was 113 outside. None of it looked worse for wear but most everything rubber or plastic up there looked like it had been close to a fire.

Actually, I based that on the fact that the ammo. in my house that burned down just went off like a weak firecracker. The cases split down the side and the bullets were still in the cases though deformed by melting. That fire reached 2K degrees in some spots according to the fire inspector.
Frank five star.png hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I based that on the fact that the ammo. in my house that burned down just went off like a weak firecracker. The cases split down the side and the bullets were still in the cases though deformed by melting. That fire reached 2K degrees in some spots according to the fire inspector.
Frank View attachment 1074572 View attachment 1074573
Wow! Sorry to hear about your house burning. Gives me a little less fear toting around a few rounds in my shirt pocket!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread