How to mail MOC Star Wars 2003 Figure?

AndyE89

Nov 19, 2013
Cresco, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much does it weigh? If it weighs 13 oz or less I would ship in a bubble mailer, ranges from 1.68- like 3.60 or something. Best bet would be that, or small flat rate box.

If you sold the figure for a decent amount of profit it shouldnt be too bad to fork over 3-5 bucks extra to ship.

I USED to get away with doing Media Mail for figures and what not, but the USPS is much more strict on checking those packages and I have been stuck with postage due a few times. IF you want to take the risk you could try it, it may go through, but just make sure the item feels perfectly flat when you ship it.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I USED to get away with doing Media Mail for figures and what not, but the USPS is much more strict on checking those packages and I have been stuck with postage due a few times. IF you want to take the risk you could try it, it may go through, but just make sure the item feels perfectly flat when you ship it"

Really???!!!???

Just make a good box for it. If I bought the figure and it was mailed in bubble mailer, I would not be happy. A box will protect it. You might be able to mail it as a first class parcel if you can keep the weight 13 ounces or less, but the most it should be is 1 lb.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just make a good box for it. If I bought the figure and it was mailed in bubble mailer, I would not be happy. A box will protect it. You might be able to mail it as a first class parcel if you can keep the weight 13 ounces or less, but the most it should be is 1 lb.

I agree. I would use a good box and bubble wrap.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of years ago, I had about 50 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures that I bought back in the late 1980s when they were all the rage with the kids.

DSC03838.JPG

I kept them just as they came from the store with the card and bubble intact. I sold them all, one by one, on ebay (made about $800). Packing was simple. I got boxes that were about 2 or more inches larger than the action figure on each side. Then I put a layer of foam packing peanuts on the bottom of the box, put the figure on top of the peanuts, and filled the remainder of the box with peanuts. Be sure NOT to overfill the box with peanuts or you will crush the bubble and your buyer will be POed. Fill the box with peanuts so it is just to the top of the box and the flaps lay flat when closed. I never had any complaints from my buyers. Bubblewrap would work just as well but the same caution would apply. If you overfill the box so you have to force the box flaps closed, you will crush the bubble. You want the box full so the item doesn't shift around during shipment but overfilling may be worse.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread