I have no clue what this is but...

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to have it. Could be some generic World Market thing for all I know. It looks kind of like some vintage jewelry holders but it's really big and I don't know what the swinging thing in the middle of the hand is for. I figured for three dollars I'd take the chance but I have no clue what to list it as so I've just been hanging on to it.

IMG_0142-2.jpg IMG_0144.JPG

OP
OP
cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it's all wood. The picture makes it look bigger then it is, it's around 15" long. The dangling thing in the middle can come out. It's very odd looking.

OP
OP
cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking African or Mexican, (we get a lot of Mexican art around these parts), but then I thought maybe it was just one of those things they sell at World Market or TJ Maxx.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
It doesn't look old to me, whatever it is. It lacks patina, to my eye. I am thinking it is modern, for decoration, but possibly made along the lines of something older. Possibly something African, art or functional, I don't know. I know that doesn't really answer your question, or help you search for it on eBay or the net for value. Sorry.

T.

OP
OP
cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's okay. I wasn't expecting anyone to know what it is. I've already asked everyone who has seen it in person and I've gotten guesses just a decoration to a fruit holder of some kind. It may just be art but the dangling piece throws me off since it seems like it should be functional.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Could you hang a banana bunch on it? I have seen something simpler for that purpose. Is there a pivot on the top, curved piece of wood? I don't think there is but if you could raise that up, I could see how it would be a fruit holder, grapes or banana bunch.

Like this if the top piece pivoted upwards. The palm of the hand would be the bowl.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Fruit-H...648?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c773701b8

T.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No pivot. I thought of a banana holder too but I tried it and it definitely didn't work.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
One last try, wine bottle holder, the base in the "cradle" of the palm and the neck through the ring?? If not, it has me beat, sorry.

T.

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will guess based o the mechanics of the find.
It is a wine/spirit bottle holder, the hanging part is for the neck of the bottle.

OP
OP
cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh that's awesome. I never would've guessed that!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One last try, wine bottle holder, the base in the "cradle" of the palm and the neck through the ring?? If not, it has me beat, sorry.

T.
Good ID. I'll give it to you since you answered 8.2 seconds quicker than fish1on! lol.

I will guess based o the mechanics of the find.
It is a wine/spirit bottle holder, the hanging part is for the neck of the bottle.
Good Id to you too, you were both on it at the same time looks like. :icon_thumright:

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Was it really that close? I see our time stamps as the same, I don't know how to see seconds, or were you just guessing? I can be quite gullible. I was just glad to be able to help someone. I kept thinking, any minute now, Diggummup is going to chime in with the correct answer. Felt like I was racing you and not the clock. LOL

T.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it really that close? I see our time stamps as the same, I don't know how to see seconds, or were you just guessing? I can be quite gullible. I was just glad to be able to help someone. I kept thinking, any minute now, Diggummup is going to chime in with the correct answer. Felt like I was racing you and not the clock. LOL

T.
:laughing7: Nah, I was just messing around. I don't know if it was 8.2 seconds faster or not, but it was within 60 seconds of each other. No worries about me on this one. I had no clue what it was. You got me on that one for sure.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread