how to protect my coil

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coil covers are available for just about every coil I know of. Range in price from $4-20US.

OP
OP
D

diggy

Jan 4, 2013
bucks county, pa
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah i hear ya thanks i just figured since i had some laying aroung putting a coating on and later on pealing it off if need be

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
I went to Wally World and got a can of Truck Bed Liner spray. Good stuff. You can even do the bottoms and even tops of your boots. Wherever you spray it that area is protected. I spray my coil covers so they never wear out.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you plan on never selling it and throwing it away when done, sure, spray gunk on it. My question is why your dealer didn't include a scuff cover and explain how important they are.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuff covers are fairly inexpensive and although i have never heard of anyone wearing out a search coil, what a cover will do is protect the coil from unattractive scratches and help maintain the resell value of your detector....spraying gunk on the coil will send the message you are trying to cover up blemishes if you decide to resell, prospective buyers like to see the bottom of the coil for some reason, i guess it's akin to looking in a horses mouth before you by it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread