how well does the gti 2500 work in wet sand

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
I live in San Diego, Ca and will be buying new detector May 1st of this year. I currently am looking at the Gti 2500, Sovererign GT and Tesoro tiger shark. I really like the looks and reviews I have seen on the 2500 but not sure of its ability to work the wet sands here in Ca. If anyone can tell me about their use of a 2500 on the beaches here in Ca I would appreciate it. Thanks and HH Ted

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used the 2500 in CA beaches, but you should not have much trouble if you turn down the Sens.

Personally I think the Sov. GT or Excal if going in the water would be the best choice. Both are deeper that the Garrett and they don't disc out the iron, they ignore it so they can still report on a gold ring under iron unlike other VLF detectors. Most VLF machines have trouble in the wet sand near the waters edge because that is where the concentration or black sand is too. Trying to run the detector with to much sens. or gain can make it unstable.

Good Luck,
Sandman :coffee2:

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the GTI 2500 has a salt elimination feature on it that works ok. but just ok. i agree with sandman about the excal and the sov. if you dont want a water machine or the sov the explorer does very well in wet salt sand as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread