Anybody using the 9X12 coil on the Ace 250?

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a 9 x 12 coil for my Ace 250 and it has changed the coin identification on it. Sometimes a penny will show up as a dime, quarter and a half and jump back and forth. Zinc pennies have read this way too. Also, everything left of the penny on the screen seems to read just like the stock coil. Has anyone else had this same problem? I just want to make sure it hasn't made my detector miss something that I haven't noticed yet. Any help you all can give would be great.

Thanks a bunch

DANGLANGLEY

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I like to use it when hunting snow hills and for large modern sports fields. The large coil is very sensitive to tiny objects, and pinpoints well on the inner front toe for the shallow coins and rings. It covers a large area faster, so you save a lot of time in the long run. :)

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
I have considered buying the larger coil. I have observed that my 250 will often show a penny as a dime, but not as a quarter....

I think that it would be worthwhile to cover more area with the larger coil, while possibly being able to go deeper. That is always a consideration.

HH,

Dr. Ace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions